Quad, Inside, 2 woman and 2 girls - possible

anamanxs

We are going on the Fascination in November and I am having second thoughts about 4 people in an inside room. It will my son's (who passed away six mths ago) wife and his two step daughters (ages 7, 11). It is sort of a closing and their first ever cruise.

They will be using Camp Carnival. I know we are only in the rooms a short time but how are the bunk cabins? Are the cabins directly above the beds in the Fascination? The lower beds will be apart. I normally do oceanview, have been inside with 2 but not 4; this is an unexpected cruise.

Cost about $250 more to get two cabins, that I can use for their onboard accounts or in port. Thoughts, advice?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

4 in a cabin is definately a squeeze. But, we do it all the time. Like you said you don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. One adult and one child can go to the spa each evening to use the awesome showers there (*free) while the other two get ready in the cabin and switch the following night. I know some might say $250 is worth getting another cabin, but each individuals budget is different. As long as everyone keeps their stuff organized, it doesn't get too cluttered. Each bunk is directly over each bed on either side of the wall.

I would pay the $250 for 2 seperate rooms, get connected ones and you can leave the door open and go back and forth making them both seem bigger. It can and has been done but no way I would do it unless it was 4 kids.

On 4 of my 6 cruises, we have had 4 people in an inside cabin and it was fine. I like to save my money for excursions and drinks, etc.

I am sorry to hear about your son. A parent should never have to bury a child, no matter how old the child may be.

Depends upon how well you can manage four females and one bathroom.

Only you can decide whether saving is worth the possible inconvenience.

So sorry on the loss of your son. Worse thing in the world for parents to bury a child.

Depends upon how well you can manage four females and one bathroom.

Only you can decide whether saving is worth the possible inconvenience.

So sorry on the loss of your son. Worse thing in the world for parents to bury a child.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son.

I'm in the camp of it's no big deal to squeeze (so long as you are close, and it sounds like you are). We've put four in(2 adults and 2 kids) and we've never minded it, because we like to spend our money on things that are more important to us than space to sleep and get dressed.

I think it depends on if you are the type to want the space or to not really care. If you stay well organized, it's totally doable.

Sorry for your loss. That being said I would go with 2 cabins. I know lots of people squeeze 4 into an interior cabin, but it is not for me. In fact I can honestly say that if I had 4 in an interior on my first cruise, I probably never would have gone again. I need my space.

As others have said it's a personal preference. We recently returned from a cruise where I offered my family the option of the four of us in a balcony or two inside staterooms. We decided on the two inside cabins. The kids have their own bathrooms at home and coordinating shower time for 4 on vacation wasn't worth the private view...in our opinion.

Thanks for all the replies! I can not get connecting cabin and right now I have a midship cabin and if I change I am going to have to go with a forward. I wish I had these second doubts about 3 weeks ago when the price had dropped. Actually got the price reduction of $100.

The girls are not into long bathroom time yet! So, back to thinking!

Thanks again everyone for the warm thoughts!

Thanks for all the replies! I can not get connecting cabin and right now I have a midship cabin and if I change I am going to have to go with a forward. I wish I had these second doubts about 3 weeks ago when the price had dropped. Actually got the price reduction of $100.

The girls are not into long bathroom time yet! So, back to thinking!

Thanks again everyone for the warm thoughts!

I'd stay with what you have. We cruised last Sept 2 adults and 2 teenage boys in an inside room. The boys thought it was cool to sleep in the bunks! And honestly the boys were longer in the showers then we were! Have a wonderful cruise! So sorry for your loss!

This is very doable..a bit snug but overall fine. My husband and I have done this twice with my sons. First time they were 7 and 10 and the second 11 and 14. Issues are that not everyone can be moving about at the sametime. Our biggest challenge was getting ready at dinner...I usually get everyones clothes together and it was a bit difficult to have showers going and several of us trying to get our clothes on. Again it is very doable if everyone is willing to work together and really you are correct that your just not in your room that often. $250 doesnt sound like alot to some folks so getting the second room is an easy choice but for some that may be all the xtra money you have for the trip. Either way you will have a wonderful time, what a great opportunity to spend time and heal with your family. Best wishes for a safe and wonderful trip.

Just go with what you have. When our kids were young & the older Carnival ships allowed 5 in a room, that's what we went with. Five was tight when all beds out - no getting around that - but we managed & it allowed us to cruise within our budget & have money to spend on the islands. Actually the bathroom issue was never a big thing. My husband & I would get ready a bit early for dinner & then the kids would take turns. In the a.m. we were always up before them. Maybe I'm lucky that my kids weren't complainers or fighters...or they knew if they were it would be their last cruise : )

I have done 4 in a room even when kids were older & it was ok (we require neatness though - that makes a big difference - my room, my rules - lol). My daughter & her friends were 4 to a room on our last cruise & went with booking it that way for our upcoming cruise next month. We're talking about 4 girls who are now 22-23 yrs. old (who want that saved $$ for the bar tab - lol). Still they worked out the bathroom arrangement.

At this point in your life, you have bigger issues you are dealing with than worrying yourself over whether you made a good decision on the cabin arrangement. My deepest sympathy for the loss of your son. I can't even imagine your pain. Just go on this cruise & enjoy & don't worry about will anyone be a bit cramped (again - be organized - get those over the door shoe holders & put stickers with each person's name on it for their junk & you'll be fine). Being together at this time is what it is all about. If you got along well before the cruise, you'll get along fine with your room arrangement. (being all together won't make a poor relationship good - that's for sure). Use that money towards some nice family time doing something fun on the islands. Enjoy it.

I think I will leave it the way it is for now and see what happens. Thanks again. The girls are here visiting now, I have to take them home this weekend. Will definetly be quiet around here again - they are very excited about the cruise and seeing the beach for the first time.

Many thnaks to all for the positive comments!

I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time. Since they've never cruised they probably don't know that cruise ship cabins are very small. When we have a 1st time cruiser coming with us I always tell them it is the size of a walk-in closet. Then they're prepared for small but pleasantly surprised that it is a bit bigger than that.

Also, you can ask the room steward to put the bunk beds up during the day & only bring them down when he or she is getting the cabin ready at night. It is often hit or miss on whether they do this - usually I find they leave the bunks down all day making it difficult to sit on your bed but I'm in my cabin for limited time so not a big deal.

I'm betting the kids will love the idea of sleeping in the upper bunks. Have a wonderful cruise & have happy memories of your son when you are on it.

Cruise genie struck again and to change to 2 cabin was only $125. difference so I bit the bullet and did it. I got a port hole cabin, hope I am not sorry - I have never had one before. Since there were no 2 people cabins left other than Port hole they let us keep the quad for the orginial cabin so if I feel the need I can put three in that cabin and have the Port hole one to myself. Thanks everyone for the advice - I do feel more at peace with this decision.

Glad it all worked out:) IMHO the four of you in one room would be fine until the girls become high maintenance. At that age my kids were willing to take their showers at off-times and they were pretty quick. They didn't need the mirror or bathroom space of older girls then either. Once the girls are 16-17, no way:D but even then you could take turns using the spa showers which is something we did when we had four to a room.

We are staying 4 to a room on our upcoming cruise in September on the Fascination. My teenage boys are 13 & 15 and I actually am looking forward to sharing a cabin with them because I think it will be nice to spend the extra time close to them. As they get older they spend more time in their rooms at home & I think this will be a nice break from that.

Sorry for the loss of your son, I hope you all have a great time on your cruise.

Archived