Summit Caribbean Itinerary

teacher_md

Hey Everyone!

I am looking at an itinerary next Spring on the Summit and it looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with the following ports (good or bad)?

St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica and Tobago

Has anyone been on this same itinerary with the Summit - if so, how was the cruise as a whole? I just feel like I've been to many of the Caribbean islands and I'm not in the mood for lots of repeats next Spring Break. These are a little bit "exotic" maybe? I know there is a ports of call section, but I figured I'd throw this out to the general board since it's about 4 different ports. Thanks for any help!

- aj

Hi,

I am booked on the Summit for this itinerary (St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada and Tobago) in late November. I have done many Caribbean cruises but would like to visit some new ports. I really like this itinerary because it gives me four new ports (I have visited St. Croix but the other ports are all new for me). The only negative to the cruises from San Juan is that they are very port intensive and have only one sea day. Thus, they are a little hectic.

It would be great if someone could post some recommendations for shore excursions in these ports.

Chuck

We have cruised from San Juan before on RCL and we loved it!!!

But what we did find weird was that we would leave the different ports and then they would just "park " the boat during dinner...sometime later in the evening...then we would start to cruise again...we were too close to the next island to travel the entire time...that was funny....anyway...we are leaving on Summit in November for the same iternary...and all these islands are new to us too....what I have done is learned lots from the forum...i searched for each port...and read the island review as well as went to the port section and read reviews from cruisers.. there is lots to read...so have fun!!! So far we know we will not do the train in St. Kitts...we will do a spice tour on Grenada...we will do the rainforest tram ride in the trees in Dominica....st. Croix looks like a terrific beach day......good luck with all your picks!!! Brockmom

Hey Everyone!

I am looking at an itinerary next Spring on the Summit and it looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with the following ports (good or bad)?

St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica and Tobago

Has anyone been on this same itinerary with the Summit - if so, how was the cruise as a whole? I just feel like I've been to many of the Caribbean islands and I'm not in the mood for lots of repeats next Spring Break. These are a little bit "exotic" maybe? I know there is a ports of call section, but I figured I'd throw this out to the general board since it's about 4 different ports. Thanks for any help!

- aj

Sailed with RCCL last spring (March 2010), and sailed to different islands than listed here other than Dominica. Dominica was a very beautiful island and had alot of culture to see. We booked an independent tour with Bumpiing Tours (Levi Baron) that was absolutely fabulous! It was inexpensive and very informative. We toured the island, went to the Emerald Pool, and Trafalgar Falls. The island is beautiful and has many different features including a rainforest. We did get wet hiking through the rainforest (short hike to the pool). We thoroughly enjoyed the beauty and friendliness of this island. I would highly recommend this island and tour company.

We have friends who live on St. Croix (we met them on a March 2009 sailing and sailed with them again in March 2010). They have lived on St. Croix for many years and are from the states. I can put you in touch with them if you have questions you would like answered.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Karyn :)

Sailed with RCCL last spring (March 2010), and sailed to different islands than listed here other than Dominica. Dominica was a very beautiful island and had alot of culture to see. We booked an independent tour with Bumpiing Tours (Levi Baron) that was absolutely fabulous! It was inexpensive and very informative. We toured the island, went to the Emerald Pool, and Trafalgar Falls. The island is beautiful and has many different features including a rainforest. We did get wet hiking through the rainforest (short hike to the pool). We thoroughly enjoyed the beauty and friendliness of this island. I would highly recommend this island and tour company.

We have friends who live on St. Croix (we met them on a March 2009 sailing and sailed with them again in March 2010). They have lived on St. Croix for many years and are from the states. I can put you in touch with them if you have questions you would like answered.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Karyn :)

Glad to hear the endorsement of Buumping Tours as I would like to book this tour. Did you book directly with Levi through his website?

Hi,:) I have been to all the places mentioned with the exception of

Tobago.

Depending on what type of activity you prefer to do? I can tell

you in January I went with 6 friends to a place in St Croix called

Sandcastle on the Beach. We all had a very good time. They

have a website if you google it. Very nice beach with access to

the pool as well. Restaurant on site and bar as well.

If you feel like relaxing, I recommend it very much:)

St Lucia? Many people recommend private tours if you check the

Ports of Call Board. I have been there 3 times and my favorite

excursion was back in January as well. I went through the cruiseline

on the "Coastal Cruise to the Pitons". It was OUTSTANDING:D and

I would do it again. Catamaran, and I think there were about 30 of

us. Wonderful crew and overall, I LOVED IT.:)

Hope these 2 items help a little bit.:)

Glad to hear the endorsement of Buumping Tours as I would like to book this tour. Did you book directly with Levi through his website?

Yes we did! Actually our friends from St. Croix did the leg work for this excursion and she stated that he answered emails promptly and thoroughly. I always received copies of the email communication with Levi and was very impressed with every aspect from planning to actually taking the excursion. We were so happy with our tour that we tipped both the driver and our guide VERY well!

Karyn :D

Hi,:) I have been to all the places mentioned with the exception of

Tobago.

Depending on what type of activity you prefer to do? I can tell

you in January I went with 6 friends to a place in St Croix called

Sandcastle on the Beach. We all had a very good time. They

have a website if you google it. Very nice beach with access to

the pool as well. Restaurant on site and bar as well.

If you feel like relaxing, I recommend it very much:)

.:)

Hey Lois,

How long did you stay at Sandcastle? I like the idea of a beach day but want enough time for a bit of shopping/exploring also. I see they have a special for $25; is this what you booked?

Hey Lois,

How long did you stay at Sandcastle? I like the idea of a beach day but want enough time for a bit of shopping/exploring also. I see they have a special for $25; is this what you booked?

Hi Sandi,:) yes, a few of us booked the 25.00 which is the 2 chairs,

an umbrella and 2 drinks.

You can stay as long or as short of time as you prefer. This was 7

months ago so I am trying to recall. I think we got there in the 11ish

range and left about 2:30 or 3. So if you want to shop you could

go earlier in the morning and leave earlier.

It really is a lovely property.:) If you go to Flickr in my signature and

click on SUMMIT January 2010 I have some pictures of it.

Archived