fiords oceana august E018X

Roaming Rover

what currency will we have to take for all four places for when we stop. can you catch the land train at olden yourself and also do the walk to the briksdale glacier yourself.how far is it to the fenicular from the ship in bergan.do you think the weather will be ok to sit on deck or swim on the at sea days.............is that a silly question:D:D:D:D:D

Currency is available on the ship and is charged to your cabin account. You'll need Krona, they'll have some!

If you intend buying anything in cash get lots - Norway is V expensive! If you buy any item over a certain limit (IIRC 135 krona) get a blue customs form and you can get your tax back.

Land train can be done yourself - it stops outside the ship.

Galcier - no idea we went on a trip to the other glacier.

Ten minute walk from drop off to fenicular - get an early bus to town and you won't have to queue. It's about 80 krona return, or get a single and walk back into town.

Weather who knows - we had wall to wall sunshine, but were v lucky.

which trips or visits did you go on in olden, geeiranger, bergan and stavanger did you go in august i presume you enjoyed it is there anything special to look out for.what type of clothing did you take for day time trips ie shoes and coats ect

We were on the Fjords just 4 weeks ago.

Bergen, Flaam, Olden and Stavanger

Olden trip was the lake cruise and Glacier. The glacier is an arm of the Briksdal glacier, not as spectacular, but there was only our coach party there. The boat trip to it is spectacular, followed by waffles in the cafe, then a 20 minute or so walk by which time you are at the base of the glacier and you can walk as far as you wish before walking back

Bergen and Stavanger were DIY. Bergen - funicular and wander, Stavanger a wander then me and my daughter went to the Oil Museum (more interesting than it sounds - allow at least 2 hours) whilst my wife went to more shops.

Clothes - we took for all weather and ended up in shorts and T shirts as the weather was so good.

Cotton walking trousers, with layers, T shirt, jumper/fleece and waterproof coat and trail shoes/trainers are ideal for the out of town days, unless you are into serious hiking when walking boots would be better.

If it's raining avoid jeans - they get wet quickly and don't dry out making for an uncomfortable day.

Archived