Gem AB - Question for past cruisers

ImADaneFan

We are currently booked in AB 11524 on the Gem. This AB is located on the port side under the fitness center at the very back. I'm concerned about the noise early in the morning when the fitness center opens. Can anyone tell me where the weights are located? If you have booked this cabin, did you have any noise issues? There are two other AB's that are available one is 11512 and 11030. 11512 is located at the very front of the fitness center. I don't know that this would be an improvement. I really don't want to change to 11030 since it's on the starboard side. We really want the view of the Statue of Liberty when we arrive in NYC.:D Any help would be appreciated.

unless you can find out exactly where things are located in the fitness center, I would go with the starboard side, and just get up early.

By the way, if you had titled this location of fitness equipment or something, you might get more response... maybe. Or try looking for pictures of the fitness room via search. I have been in a few on the Jewel class, but can not remember the layouts. Or try a search with those cabin numbers here or on google.

Whatever you do, avoid being under the noisy equipment based on what others have said.

In the other Jewel class ships, the treadmills are forward in the fitness room (toward the bow) and the weights are aft (toward the pool). Can't imagine it being any different on the Gem. I'd take 512 if you want to stay on the port side.

Archived