Could you please share the name of the tour company you used for Amalfi Coast

gam888

Got a few quotes for the 5 of us for the Amalfi coast tour without Pompeii (seen it before). Pick up and return to the Naples port. It around 300 Euros. I have heard of Limo in Rome before but they are a lot more expensive. Could you please share your experience with us regarding what private company you used from Naples. I think we would spend the money on a tour in the Amalfi coast, and when we get to La Spezia, we will pass on Cinque Terre and perhaps take a train to Pisa. Would you say the scenery is more stunning in the Almafi coast? Other ports we will be visiting this August are: Malta, Tunisia, Rome, Naples, La Spezia, Corsica, Villefranche, Barcelolna. Any tour information are welcome. We will try to do DIY tours in the other ports. Seems like Amalfi is the most difficult to get around because of the distance involved.

We used APTours and had a fabulous day. Very professional company. And yes the scenery in this area is stunning.

Rome - may want to think about a tour here.....Civitevecchia (port area) is a ways from Rome.

Villefranche is a charming village, but Nice, Eze and Monaco/Monte Carlo are all close by...... we enjoyed seeing them all.

Barcelona - we disembarked here and spent one night post cruise before flying home. Charming city. Depends on what you want to see/do as to how easy to DIY.

We used Seahorse and they were very, very good. Note that they provide a driver only. However, the driver was very knowledgable about the area and spoke English well. The van was very clean and new. Great experience.

I think we would spend the money on a tour in the Amalfi coast, and when we get to La Spezia, we will pass on Cinque Terre and perhaps take a train to Pisa. :(

If your ship stops in La Spezia, it is very easy to see the Cinque Terre by yourself without a guide or expensive outlays. Also it is not very common to stop in La Spezia where the Cinque Terre is an easy excusion: it is much more common to stop in Livorno where getting to the Cinque Terre is a pain. I have been both to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre;

they are different and uniquely beautiful places. From La Spezia, you can

visit the Cinque Terre either by rail, which stops at the villages, you can walk part of the way and do the other part by rail, or you can take a ferry from La Spezia to Portovenere, an ancient and interesting village, and then a ferry to the Cinque Terre. This ferry will hug the coast and allow you to see the villages from the sea close up and it will also stop at Vernazza, where you can get off and walk around, or stay and have lunch, and then, if you want, you can catch a later ferry and go to the largest town Monterusso, which has some unique and delicious food, like homemade Pesto and homemade walnut sauce and delicious fresh fish and seafood. From Monterusso back to La Spezia it's 17 minutes by train on the express train. Or you could take the tain back from Vernazza if you want. So it's easy to do C.T. by yourself from La Spezia.

I would only pass up the chance to visit the Cinque Terre from La Spezia if the weather was very bad and walking and boating were unpleasant.

According to our local guide the environment in the C.T. is very fragile and is on the decline, so I would visit C.T. while it was still around. The Leaning Tower of Pisa has been leaning for 800 years, it will be around for your next trip to Italy. Why leave the designated port for a unique place like the C.T. to take a complicated train trip to see Pisa when it is easily seen from Livorno where most ships stop? :)

We also used Marcello, or rather his buddy Marco, and did the Amalfi coast in the AM with a fab lunch, then 2 hours at Pompeii in the afternoon. We were four CC couples and the total cost with tio was 150/couple. Lunch was separate.

I would plan to take the train into Rome for only 9 euros/pp/rt; there are several great walking maps on these boards which make for a very interesting AND inexpensive day.

Cinque Terre from La Spezia is also very simple and inexpensive by train; Barcelona is definitely a DIY town, so much to do and see and you don't need a guide. You can also easily get out to see Montserrat by train of you have extra time.

In Villefranche the buses come frequently; we went to St. Paul de Vence and then Vence by bus and had a great day.

You only have to spend a lot of money if you want to--we always manage to have a lot of fun and see so much on our own--it just takes a little planning, which to me is 1/2 the fun anyway!

http://www.aldolimos.com/cruise_classic.htm

He was great!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187779-d198787-r45842216-Coast_Road-Amalfi_Coast_Campania.html

Here is what we saw in about 8 hours. He is very flexible.

You can hear him explain things. The only place we were on our own was Pompeii where he waited outside.

We used Fabrizio from allarounditaly.net and were very pleased. He is courteous, fun, charming and knowledgeable. His Mercedes is impeccably clean with a nice strong air conditioner. He knows his way around everywhere and has friends everywhere. We had the most amazing meal at a restaurant that Fabrizio took us to above Positano - da Constantino.

Also important is his flexibility, he takes you where you want to go ... a wonderful guide. We enjoyed his services in the ports of Naples and Livorno and regret that we didn't book him for Rome.

Got a few quotes for the 5 of us for the Amalfi coast tour without Pompeii (seen it before). Pick up and return to the Naples port. It around 300 Euros. I have heard of Limo in Rome before but they are a lot more expensive. Could you please share your experience with us regarding what private company you used from Naples.

We used Mariano Fiorentino from Pleasant Travel for our tour from Naples in May

http://www.pleasantravel.com/

I found Mariano excellent in replying to emails and arranging the tour around the interest of the group. After posting on our roll call I had no trouble filling the van (7 people). Amalfi coast was 1 of the highlights of our 24 day cruise and not to be missed.

In Rome we used Marco from Rome Connection. Again after posting the tour on the roll call we ended up with a group of 8.

http://www.romeconnection.com/

Marco was great, we had different interests among our group and he went out out of his way to accommodate us all, arranging admission tickets and guides as requested which helped us to avoid the long queues and maximise our day in Rome. At the end of the day we each received a bottle of wine as a gift from Marco - he had even taken notice of what type of wine we had been drinking at lunch!!

I would have no hesitation in using either of these companies again

Simply Amalfi is a great for Amalfi Coast shore excursions from Naples if you're looking for a personalized kind of tour that takes you through the main sights of the coasts and gets you off the beaten track to meet the locals as well. We got to meet the shepherd and eat freshly made ricotta cheese on the terrace of a private Italian home ! Our driver, Katharine, grew up in the states and has lived in Italy for almost 30 years, so it was great to have her perspective onto the Italian way of life. You can find them on the net http://www.simplyamalfi.com. They also do tours out of Tuscany and Civitavecchia.

I think we would spend the money on a tour in the Amalfi coast, and when we get to La Spezia, we will pass on Cinque Terre and perhaps take a train to Pisa. :(

If your ship stops in La Spezia, it is very easy to see the Cinque Terre by yourself without a guide or expensive outlays. Also it is not very common to stop in La Spezia where the Cinque Terre is an easy excusion: it is much more common to stop in Livorno where getting to the Cinque Terre is a pain. I have been both to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre;

they are different and uniquely beautiful places. From La Spezia, you can

visit the Cinque Terre either by rail, which stops at the villages, you can walk part of the way and do the other part by rail, or you can take a ferry from La Spezia to Portovenere, an ancient and interesting village, and then a ferry to the Cinque Terre. This ferry will hug the coast and allow you to see the villages from the sea close up and it will also stop at Vernazza, where you can get off and walk around, or stay and have lunch, and then, if you want, you can catch a later ferry and go to the largest town Monterusso, which has some unique and delicious food, like homemade Pesto and homemade walnut sauce and delicious fresh fish and seafood. From Monterusso back to La Spezia it's 17 minutes by train on the express train. Or you could take the tain back from Vernazza if you want. So it's easy to do C.T. by yourself from La Spezia.

I would only pass up the chance to visit the Cinque Terre from La Spezia if the weather was very bad and walking and boating were unpleasant.

According to our local guide the environment in the C.T. is very fragile and is on the decline, so I would visit C.T. while it was still around. The Leaning Tower of Pisa has been leaning for 800 years, it will be around for your next trip to Italy. Why leave the designated port for a unique place like the C.T. to take a complicated train trip to see Pisa when it is easily seen from Livorno where most ships stop? :)

I'm looking for information about using the train to see all 5 towns in Cinque Terre. We'll be docking in La Spezia, where there are apparently 3 train stations. Did you just take a cab from the port to the station and purchase individual tickets, or get a 24 hour pass for Cinque Terre?

Thanks!

I'm looking for information about using the train to see all 5 towns in Cinque Terre. We'll be docking in La Spezia, where there are apparently 3 train stations. Did you just take a cab from the port to the station and purchase individual tickets, or get a 24 hour pass for Cinque Terre?

Thanks!

I visited CT on a group excursion on land trip to Tuscany; La Spez. was a 2 hour drive from the town we were staying in. I suggest you search this forum for Cinque Terre- there is a lot of information. We went by ferry so I don't know the details of the rail.

I visited CT on a group excursion on land trip to Tuscany; La Spez. was a 2 hour drive from the town we were staying in. I suggest you search this forum for Cinque Terre- there is a lot of information. We went by ferry so I don't know the details of the rail.

Thanks--I think I've found the info I need about the specifics of using the train in Rick Steves' book.

Thanks--I think I've found the info I need about the specifics of using the train in Rick Steves' book.

We just walked from the tender area to the train station--15 minutes max. We did take a cab back because it was raining, and we were tired!:rolleyes:

If you are in Vernazza near lunchtime, we love the Blue Marlin (so does Rick Steves). They only have one or two specials for lunch but it was excellent!! The house wine is good as well--fun place!

We had an excellent private tour of the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento (stops in Positano, Amalfi Town, and Ravello...with a wonderful, arranged lunch near Ravello) with Giovanni Lerusce (giovanni.lerusce@tin.it). He may offer a similar tour from Naples, as he is very flexible. He also does Pompeii. I think he lives in Naples. His website is: http://www.positanocardrivers.com/.

Used Rome in Limo. They sent Rafaelle, who lives in Sorrento. He first took us to Pompeii, where we met our RIL arranged guide, Lucia. She was fantastic. Then we went to Sorrento and Positano. Rafaelle took great care of us, made our lunch reservation (can't remember the name, but it was delicious!) and was otherwise terrific.

The cost for the day was 450 euros, plus 100 euros for the Pompeii guide. It was a bit high, since we were only 3 people, but if you have more, the cost then goes down. Maybe you can find someone on your Roll Call willing to share.

Got a few quotes for the 5 of us for the Amalfi coast tour without Pompeii (seen it before). Pick up and return to the Naples port. It around 300 Euros. I have heard of Limo in Rome before but they are a lot more expensive. Could you please share your experience with us regarding what private company you used from Naples. I think we would spend the money on a tour in the Amalfi coast, and when we get to La Spezia, we will pass on Cinque Terre and perhaps take a train to Pisa. Would you say the scenery is more stunning in the Almafi coast? Other ports we will be visiting this August are: Malta, Tunisia, Rome, Naples, La Spezia, Corsica, Villefranche, Barcelolna. Any tour information are welcome. We will try to do DIY tours in the other ports. Seems like Amalfi is the most difficult to get around because of the distance involved.

We just returned from our cruise in Italy, France and Spain and for our Amalfi coast tour we used Sorrento Top Car. Giuseppe was the driver and owner he was great. My understanding is he's from Sorrento area and is very knowledgeable. We went to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii. Giuseppe even arranged for us to have a private tour guide for Pompeii (Raphael) who was awesome. He set up a great lunch for very reasonable price with great food in hills looking over Positano. He also was priced very reasonable compared to the other tour companies we used in Rome and Florence. Feel free to check out our youtube video (6mins) of amalfi coast

Giuseppe's contact info is: info@sorrentotopcar.com Also wanted to add we visited a little shop in Sorrento called "Mary Shop" where my family bought Leather goods... great quality and has been in family of shop owner for 150 years... I think his name is Jovanni any way another great place to see in Sorrento :)

like many others we also used Rome in Limo..the tour was fantastic..the lunch in Positano was the best of our entire trip. I would recommend you ask to do Pompeii first!! Enjoy and I look forward to doing it again!!

We just returned; used APTOURS; ask for Vittorio; he was wonderfully charming and informative and accommodating. There were 8 of us and we paid about 59euro each as well as 11 for entrance into Pompeii; we did thir tour #2 (there are others). Only thing I would change is to use a guide in Pompeii (as was suggested) instead of the audio guides. You won't be disappointed if you use this company!

We just returned; used APTOURS; ask for Vittorio; he was wonderfully charming and informative and accommodating. There were 8 of us and we paid about 59euro each as well as 11 for entrance into Pompeii; we did thir tour #2 (there are others). Only thing I would change is to use a guide in Pompeii (as was suggested) instead of the audio guides. You won't be disappointed if you use this company!

We just returned from the Equinox. I second the recommendation for AP Tours and Vittorio. He is very personable, charming, and (according to my new wife) "hot". He is an expert driver and we felt safe the entire time, even though some of these roads were ridiculously narrow. We had a great time with him also on #2 tour, going to Pompeii, Ravello, drove by Amalfi, lunch at Positano, and Sorrento. Cost was 320 Euro for the two of us. Lunch was at a restaurant (La Tagliata?) above Positano, set menu for 25 Euro a person, amazing food with incredible views. Took the ferry back to Naples port for 10 Euro.

Archived