Balcony suite vs. Spa Suite

cinmell

I'm new to cruising. I've only been on the Carnival Destiny and that was back in 1999. :eek:

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream to celebrate our 40th birthdays (week apart) and anniversary. We booked a balcony suite, 7276. We are thinking of switching to a spa suite. It appears that the rooms are the same size so what are the differences between the two types of suites? I understand that you have access to Cloud 9 Spa when you stay in the Spa Suite and we love that they are non smoking including the balcony. Do you pay for things like massages or are those included?

Also, our current cabin is on 7 and in the middle of the ship. Spa Suite is deck 11 and pretty much in the front of the ship so we are not sure if it is better to stay with the middle or make the move.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm new to cruising. I've only been on the Carnival Destiny and that was back in 1999. :eek:

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream to celebrate our 40th birthdays (week apart) and anniversary. We booked a balcony suite, 7276. We are thinking of switching to a spa suite. It appears that the rooms are the same size so what are the differences between the two types of suites? I understand that you have access to Cloud 9 Spa when you stay in the Spa Suite and we love that they are non smoking including the balcony. Do you pay for things like massages or are those included?

Also, our current cabin is on 7 and in the middle of the ship. Spa Suite is deck 11 and pretty much in the front of the ship so we are not sure if it is better to stay with the middle or make the move.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Couple of points. You did not mention which type of suite you are currently in (I guess I could have looked but am lazy), so its kind of hard to compare the size to a SPA suite. Spa suite size is comparable to an old cat 11. In terms of massages, they are not included. You can use the Thalasso and other rooms but additional things (we think of it as if people services) are desired they will cost you extra. The rooms are nice (we were in one on the Splendor) and they floors are quiet. Other than that the decor is a little different in the SPA suite rooms.

Archived