Teenagers on Eclipse

shelmo

Has anyone here taken teenagers on the Eclipse after reading some of the reviews I'm wondering if I have made a mistake as they say the average age is 55 and I will be taking 2 18 and 2 14 year olds. Will there be enough for them to do I and what is the teen club like.

I would love to hear from any teenager or parents who have been on this ship many thanks

I'm taking mine (15 and 13) on Eclipse in October, I was on with hubby in April and checked out the teen area which looks great, all the teens that I spoke to said they were having a great time, but I dont know what they had to compare it to. There certainly werent hordes of teens but there were a surprising number.

My two dont really go for the organised activities like on RCCL, they like to just "hang out" and I think they will have a good time.

We were on P&O Aurora last October, during school holidays, and the average age on that was pretty high (mid 60's at a guess) and a lot of the older peoples attitudes towards the younger ones was quite rude and frankly shocking.

Have you checked that 18yo are allowed in the teen club? On Aurora they werent supposed to but the staff let them as they were no bother.

Thanks for the information. My children arnt all that keen on organised events either but I just wanted to make sure there was some where they could go like a games room. The eighteen year olds will be ok as long as there are some youngsters their own age. Thanks

The teen area really looks fab and it has its own coffee/slushie bar which will be used when there are quite a few teens on. It has wii and ps3 and a mixing desk. I took photos but they are blurry. Its right next to the games room and sports court high up at the front with windows looking forwards and left.

The teens arent allowed in the disco on deck 4 (or 5 cant remember) after 11pm.

I'm sure yours will have fun, there will be others the same age - perhaps not so many as other cruises. My 2 are still in contact with friends they made last year on Aurora and there were only around 20 teens. They had a great time.

We were on Solstice in November in the eastern Med with our 14YO and she found several other kids her age and formed a strong friendship with 2 other 14YO girls.

They spent little or no time in the Teen club (the counselors had allowed some U12YOs access - so the teens avoided the place like a plague!). But the kids found all sorts of things to keep them occupied - one had an account in the Internet cafe area, they went to shows (never missed a "Hot Glass Show"), watched on-demand movies in one of the cabins, played lawn games, generally hung out.

We're just back from Eclipse with our 15 and 16 y/o.

They had a great time and made loads of new friends.

They did comment though that, although the club itself was bigger than the one on Brilliance of the Seas last year, Royal Caribbean just arranged more stuff to do. Didn't stop them enjoying themselves though.

We were also on the Eclipse last week with our 16 year old son. Apparently there were around 200 teens onboard. Our son had a great time, he actually enjoyed the programme more than the last couple of times on RCL as he thought the organised events were better.

I'm not sure when you are going, but we were talking to one of the guest relations staff one day and she said they have lots of teens onboard for the next few cruises.

Julie

Kernow,

I think our two sons shared some good times with your son. :D

Hi, wasn't it a great cruise? Are your sons Ryan and Dale? I think they'd all recommend the ship to any other teens, it was one of Luke's favourite cruises ever.

Julie

Yes that's them, they're as different as chalk and cheese but they loved it.

Only just starting to get the gossip about why one of their friends and family were taken off the ship at Stockholm :-)

• 1 year later...
Has anyone here taken teenagers on the Eclipse after reading some of the reviews I'm wondering if I have made a mistake as they say the average age is 55 and I will be taking 2 18 and 2 14 year olds. Will there be enough for them to do I and what is the teen club like.

I would love to hear from any teenager or parents who have been on this ship many thanks

There is no teen club for the 18 year olds, so they will have to find their own way on the ship. Celebrity is very strict on not letting anyone 18 and older in the teen areas, for liability reasons. If your cruise leaves from a US port, your teens won't be able to drink alcohol either, as that is the law in the US.

A lot depends on when you're cruising. If it's in the Caribbean when school in North America is out for holiday, there will be more than the usual amount of kids on board. But if it's during a time when school is in session, there could be very few kids, and not many teens at all. If you're cruising in summer, since those itineraries are very port intensive, you really shouldn't have to worry because there will be too much to do and see, that having other teens on board won't impact the cruise much at all.

Archived