Questions about Sandals resort?

csic

Has anyone been to Sandals resort in Nassau recently? I got a returned email from the resort and they said that day passes were $110 per person that included food and drinks. Can only buy day passes when you arrive and cannot book in advance. Suppose to have 5 ships in port at the same time we are there. I would rather get away from the onslaught at Atlantis, and have a more relaxing beach day. Just my wife and I going. Video that I have seen on youtube show that it is a nice resort but just wondering if anyone has been lately and can tell me if it is worth the price? or is one of the other beach resorts better?

We haven't done a day pass at Sandals but we did stay there last May. It's a beautiful, romantic resort. My main concerns about getting a day pass at Sandals is that you wouldn't have time to take advantage of the whole resort and that the main beach is kind of small. There is a private island, which has more beach and is private and romantic and even has some decent snorkeling. Just be aware that the ferry to the private island only leaves and returns once an hour. At the main beach, you can use the hobie cats and water trikes.

There are two large pools with swim up bars, one is quieter, one more active. Drinks are included and you can get most anything you want. There are lots of lunch options - a pizza oven, a good buffet and an open air restaurant near the beach. You can even get the food to go and eat it by the pool.

We loved staying there but there are probably more affordable options for a beach day.

Thanks for the input. We are in Nassau from 8am to 5pm. Do you know how far it is from the cruise terminal to Sandals? and how much a cab would be? We picked Sandals, because we have heard bad reviews about other beach resorts in the area and thought it would be more of a adult setting.

I believe Sandals is about 5 miles from the port and a taxi costs $15 for two people. You could also take the jitney (local bus) for $1.25 a person. You'll need exact change for the jitney. The jitneys come by every few minutes so you wouldn't have any trouble catching one back to port.

We're staying there in September any ideas on what to get out and see:confused:

There's lots of things to do and see in Nassau. There's also lots of things to do at Sandals. You may end up deciding not to leave the resort at all. :)

When we stayed at Sandals last year, we took the jitney into town and did the walking tour. We also did the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. You could wait till you get there and then talk to the tour desk. They can arrange everything for you.

There's lots of things to do and see in Nassau. There's also lots of things to do at Sandals. You may end up deciding not to leave the resort at all. :)

When we stayed at Sandals last year, we took the jitney into town and did the walking tour. We also did the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. You could wait till you get there and then talk to the tour desk. They can arrange everything for you.

Thanks for the info I'll take your advice and and wait till we get there getting really excited now

Thanks for the info I'll take your advice and and wait till we get there getting really excited now

If you want to do a dolphin encounter or swim at Blue Lagoon, I would book that in advance. They have a limited number of spots so they fill up pretty quickly. You can book that directly through Blue Lagoon or through Sandals. We booked directly but if we did it again, we'd probably book through Sandals since they provide the transportation.

For other excursions, I'd just wait until I got there. That way you can see what the weather will be like.

Have a great time!

If you want to do a dolphin encounter or swim at Blue Lagoon, I would book that in advance. They have a limited number of spots so they fill up pretty quickly. You can book that directly through Blue Lagoon or through Sandals. We booked directly but if we did it again, we'd probably book through Sandals since they provide the transportation.

For other excursions, I'd just wait until I got there. That way you can see what the weather will be like.

Have a great time!

Thanks for this, I did a 1 to 1 Dolphin swim in Mexico they needed a volunteer to swim with a naughty Dolphin it was fabulous talk about being in the right place at the right time:) but I may be up for it again though I expect it will be in a group

Has anyone been to Sandals resort in Nassau recently? I got a returned email from the resort and they said that day passes were $110 per person that included food and drinks. Can only buy day passes when you arrive and cannot book in advance.

How did you get the email regarding this? Did you sign up someplace or contacted them?

Archived