Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Royal Caribbean?

Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Royal Caribbean?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise line do you think is the most similar to Royal Caribbean?

• Carnival Cruise Line
    • Celebrity Cruises
    • Costa Cruises
    • Holland America Line
    • MSC Cruises
    • Norwegian Cruise Line
    • P&O Cruises
    • Princess Cruises
    • Other (please post which line)

It's past time for me to make another poll! :D What cruise line do you think is most similar to Royal Caribbean?

Carnival Cruise Line

Celebrity Cruises

Costa Cruises

Holland America Line

MSC Cruises

Norwegian Cruise Line

P&O Cruises

Princess Cruises

Other

Lack of interest?

If you want a good poll you should ask "What should I do on my next cruise?" " Should I wear my shorts in the dinning room while drinking my smuggled booze and smoking a cigar" or "should I see if that dead starfish is still in the head"

If you want a good poll you should ask "What should I do on my next cruise?" " Should I wear my shorts in the dinning room while drinking my smuggled booze and smoking a cigar" or "should I see if that dead starfish is still in the head"

LoL, seriously

It's past time for me to make another poll! :D What cruise line do you think is most similar to Royal Caribbean?

Carnival Cruise Line

Celebrity Cruises

Costa Cruises

Holland America Line

MSC Cruises

Norwegian Cruise Line

P&O Cruises

Princess Cruises

Other

After sailing on more than 100 cruises on the various cruise lines over the years, I don't agree with the above order at all.

I would say:

1 - Princess

2 - Celebrity

3 - Norwegian

4 - Carnivale

5 - Costa

6 - MSC

7 - Holland America

8 - P & O (Never sailed them)

9 - Others

I don't think the order the list is in makes a difference to whether you think any of the lines are similar to RCCL. As I've only experience recently of RCCL I can't vote though I'm interested to see that when you vote in one of these polls your name comes up in the results.

I think its an interesting poll, but there are so many lines I haven't sailed on so my opinion may be biased because I have traveled on Carnival far more then I have on any other line. Good luck with the poll.

After sailing on more than 100 cruises on the various cruise lines over the years, I don't agree with the above order at all.

I would say:

1 - Princess

2 - Celebrity

3 - Norwegian

4 - Carnivale

5 - Costa

6 - MSC

7 - Holland America

8 - P & O (Never sailed them)

9 - Others

I may be totally wrong in this, but I think the list was alphabetical.

I selected Princess...they are a little blander, but provide a similar cruising experience.

I'm surprised so many people chose Carnival...our experience is that they were far inferior, especially in the area of service, and in the quality of the ship (poor layout, ugly decor, smoky and dank interiors, and "lame" club for tweens and teens (according to my kids)).

I don't think the order the list is in makes a difference to whether you think any of the lines are similar to RCCL. As I've only experience recently of RCCL I can't vote though I'm interested to see that when you vote in one of these polls your name comes up in the results.

I never noticed that you can get a list of the voters!!! Not sure if that's a good idea or not.

We have cruised Celebrity, Holland America and Princess - out of those I think Princess would be the closest comparison.

I selected Princess...they are a little blander, but the cruising experience is similar.

I'm surprised so many people chose Carnival...our experience is that they were far inferior, especially in the area of service, and in the quality of the ship.

The cruising experience is similar? lets see on Princess, I can bring my own of wine bottle on-board, No hairy chest contest, much older demographics, food much better, $2.99 Happy hour after 8PM, self service washing machines on all ships, and awful beds! .

The cruising experience is similar? lets see on Princess, I can bring my own of wine bottle on-board, No hairy chest contest, much older demographics, food much better, $2.99 Happy hour after 8PM, self service washing machines on all ships, and awful beds! .

I didn't say it was exactly the same, just similar in quality of the experience. We don't drink, so we don't care about 1/2 those things. We sail during the summer, so demographics are similar - lots of families, we don't do laundry on a cruise, etc.

RCI has much more comfortable beds, and their anytime dining program runs much more smoothly especially on the larger, more crowded ships, their teens program is superior, the ships are more energetic/active, etc.

Both have advantages and disadvantages over the other, but it balances out better than other cruiselines balance with RCI. Service is excellent on both, food quality is similar, entertainment is on par, ships are elegant on both, etc. These are the important things.

Similar doesn't mean identical. I put RCCL smack middle to Carnival and Princess. A touch of the elegance of Princess with the fun activities of Carnival. To choose I would go with Carnival because I am driven by ongoing silly activities on a vacation. RCCL and Carnival seem to the geared towards family and energetic fun. Then again, Quest might put RCCL in a class or sea of its own:eek:

They do warn about poll votes being viewable before you make a selection.

Even with limited experience I selected Princess based on feedback from my parents who have cruised many times and others. I do know RCCL is quite a bit different from HAL for all around experience. Some ways good and not not good - mostly just a different style of cruising and a little more costly.

The poll I would like to see would be which provides the best value - that is all around amenities for the price. The cruise line just good enough to be totally pleasing or acceptable at the lowest price. Of course that's REALLY subjective and varies by person but pooling enough people in a poll could smooth that out some and give a general idea.

I didn't say it was exactly the same, just similar in quality of the experience. We don't drink, so we don't care about 1/2 those things. We sail during the summer, so demographics are similar - lots of families, we don't do laundry on a cruise, etc.

RCI has much more comfortable beds, and their anytime dining program runs much more smoothly especially on the larger, more crowded ships, their teens program is superior, the ships are more energetic/active, etc.

Both have advantages and disadvantages over the other, but it balances out better than other cruiselines balance with RCI. Service is excellent on both, food quality is similar, entertainment is on par, ships are elegant on both, etc. These are the important things.

Donna thank you very much for the way you have explained it. It certainly makes sense to me.

However you should never underestimate the importance of drink. :D

I think it's a good poll, but I've only cruised on RCCL, will be on the diamond princess in may, hopefully i won't be disappointed, luv rccl :)
Love that ship and every other Princess cruise, take your own wine on board, dance away the evening in the Ocean bar. Keep in mind it's more an "adult" crowd, but not to the extent of HAL where the teen agers are 40 yrs old.

I'm taking my wife on her first RCCL cruise on Voyager this next winter, I hope we aren't disappointed.

My wife's from Maryville BTW.

Only sailed Celebrity, Princess and Royal and IMHO Princess is pretty similar to Royal. They are not identical and each have different strengths and weaknesses. I must say that I miss the poolside pizza on Princess though!

Similar doesn't mean identical. I put RCCL smack middle to Carnival and Princess. A touch of the elegance of Princess with the fun activities of Carnival. To choose I would go with Carnival because I am driven by ongoing silly activities on a vacation. RCCL and Carnival seem to the geared towards family and energetic fun. Then again, Quest might put RCCL in a class or sea of its own:eek:

Carnival recently started their own "Quest" ( it is not a copyrighted Royal event, though they give that perception)...so just another similarity.

Although I have not sailed Princess yet, I think the "In between Carnival and Princess; Carnival fun; Princess elegance"...is an excellent comparison.

Mitch

Archived