Skagway timing after excursion

jjlasolas

We have a heli ride and Meade glacier landing scheduled at 12pm. Ship leaves at 5pm. If tour ends around 2:30pm, do you think 2 hours is enough for just walking around town and exploring on our own-very low-key? Also, I mainly see railroad/train rides, renting a car activities-so are there low-key walking tour activities that are worthwhile?

TEMSCO will drop you at town center and IMHO 2 hours is more than enough time to see the important stuff and do shopping too. There is a shuttle that runs 2 bucks one way that takes you back to the docks as well.

We have a heli ride and Meade glacier landing scheduled at 12pm. Ship leaves at 5pm. If tour ends around 2:30pm, do you think 2 hours is enough for just walking around town and exploring on our own-very low-key? Also, I mainly see railroad/train rides, renting a car activities-so are there low-key walking tour activities that are worthwhile?

Yes, you can certainly see the "town" in a couple hours. I would also suggest a stop at the National Park Service- small exhibit, movie, but also in the historic depot. It will be up to you how you wish to use your time? www.skagway.com

Definitely! Go into the Depot; they may be still giving the guided tours. ..I don't know how late they do those.

See the movie about the people climbing Chilkoot Pass to "get gold" and look through the NPS Book Store..........see the town before "doing the stores".....stores are in every port!

This is a special town for carefully looking over the old buildings........now stores, etc.

Enjoy your day!;)

Archived