Help please!! cancellation question.

sj1720

Hello everyone. I have a Carnival cruise booked for October 16th 2010 a 7 day, early saver with the final payment due August 1st. Unfortunetly, my boyfriend of 3 years and I have broken up. Obviously I have read the cancellation terms and see I can get a refund of whatever has been paid minus the deposit but I would love to still go on the cruise but with someone else like my sister or son. So here is my question is there anyway for this to happen, meaning is there anyway Carnival will let me switch the name instead of my boyfriends? or another idea is and I hope this makes sense, will Carnival do a cancellation but then turn around and rebook but use mine and son or sisters name instead and apply money already paid? Any other suggestions of things that you know of I could do, would also be helpful. That is besides the "maybe you will get back together" because final payment again is due next Sunday. I love this site and APPRECIATE your help.

Stephanie

Did you make both deposits?? Thats the only way I can see this happening. Otherwise, per the terms you said you read, you pay $50 pp to cancel or change to another cruise, and Carnival will keep the remainder of the deposit you both paid.

Then you would have to submit a form that you paid both deposits so you would only lose $100 and the rest of the credit could go toward a future cruise.

Another idea (and believe me Im thinking of all kinds of ideas, because Im in the same boat) is to look at the 3rd person rate, if its like $179, it might be a better idea to move to a 3 man cabin if you arent in one already and have your bf be a noshow and pay his cruise off.

The deposits are nonrefundable is the problem. My sister got proposed to out of the blue and I have 5 problem cruises booked with her .. one I could blow off, but 5??!!

Actually (from personal experience) you dont "lose" $100 ($50PP)

you "Pay" the $100 when you make the change. It does *not* come out of the deposit that you paid. We had to Cancel our one cruise and we rebooked for the another (well in advance of the sail date) we canceled and rebooked the at the same time. They required a $100 Credit card payment at the time. (even tho the cruise we canceled had a higher deposit then the one we 'rebooked') The cruise we canceled had a $400pp deposit, the one we rebooked had a $200pp deposit, I thought the $50pp would just 'come out of the deposit we had already paid' --nope, the $100 is sepreate and was due at booking. and the 'full amount we paid' on the other cruise was applied to the new one.

Hi Fire Yes I paid both deposits a total of 500 dollars. So you think since I paid both I would only be charged 100. then the rest of the money would be applied to another booking? Same cruise? I guess it is best to call my TA or carnival I just thought I would try here first that way when I spoke toCarnival I might no what I was talkin about. haha I'm sorry you are in the same boat. This is horrible I have been looking forward to this (my first cruise) since we booked back in February. Feels like I'm havin my heart broken twice.. Thank you for youe help

Hi Fire Yes I paid both deposits a total of 500 dollars. So you think since I paid both I would only be charged 100. then the rest of the money would be applied to another booking? Same cruise? I guess it is best to call my TA or carnival I just thought I would try here first that way when I spoke toCarnival I might no what I was talkin about. haha I'm sorry you are in the same boat. This is horrible I have been looking forward to this (my first cruise) since we booked back in February. Feels like I'm havin my heart broken twice.. Thank you for youe help

If you booked thru a TA then Carnival wont talk to you.

But, ask you TA if the $50pp for changes applies to name changes too, I *thought* I remembered this from *somewhere* >?

Its worht a shot. Just say you want to 'change travel companions; and see where it gets you.

(how much is left owe-ing on OldBFs cruise fare?) --it might be less trouble to add another person like FF suggested, only thing is it would be a current rate, not ES or what you paid, but may be worth it, when you account for the $100 change fee. ?:confused:

Keep us posted on what happens.

havent had to change a passenger, but we did change our mind on that one cruise. (airfare for one was going to be more then both cruise fares, just couldnt justify it..so even with the $100 and we were still early enought for ES rates it all worked out...sailing in 32 days)

:)

Let us know what happens. FYI, no need to call Carnival they wont discuss it with you since you booked thru a TA.

Are you booked thru a TA local ( or individual TA ) or an Internet agency (read: big company where you dont have an actual person to speak with each time>)

ES does have a no name changes policy ... or Id just pay $50 and someone else could go with me.

As far as my problem, the new groom moved up the wedding on purpose to stop her from cruising with me. Next up is Crazies who are her friends too. She has meet them for dinner and around Dallas and cruised with them before too.

OP you can fax some form that you paid for both deposits and then they will not hold his deposit in his name, but you can get it that way to use on a different cruise ... and rebook with someone.

Dont wait too long. Im now past final payment (they told me the night before my final payment), and my options are slim.

Archived