Looking for the name of dive shop near the cruise terminal

gtonda

Hoping someone can help me out. I was in GC a few years ago and did a scuba excursion through Carnival Cruise. The dive shop was a short distance (south?) from the terminal. It was run by an American owner and they had a pool in the back where you did all of your practice drills for non C-card holders. From there you went into the water right from the back of the dive shop.

I am going back to GC in October and would like to dive with the same shop again. Looking for some help finding out what the name was. I am pretty sure it was not Eden rock.

Thanks for any help.

There are now four dive shops on that stretch heading south from the cruise tender piers: Abanks, Eden Rock, Don Foster's, and Sunset House. Of those, only Don Foster's and Sunset House have pools on site.

There used to be a dive shop at the old Seaview Hotel. The hotel did not survive a major hurricane in 2004 and has since been rebuilt as condos without the dive center.

Sunset is most certainly operating this way - took DD on a Discovery dive there recently.

Visit their web-site and shoot 'em an e-mail. they responded promptly and we didn't see another diver the entire time . . .

Archived