We leave in 24 days and I am getting depressed...

ava_girl_123

Gail, I'm the same way. I'm sitting here thinking that soon the cruise will be over and I'll have nothing to look forward to. My husband gets very seasick and if he gets sick on this cruise, he may never want to do another. Gotta keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't and that the kids have a fantastic time and bug him to take another cruise! LOL

And not to hijack, but hey, MamaParrotHead, don't I know you from the Junebug board?

My husband gets very seasick and if he gets sick on this cruise, he may never want to do another.

Pack the ginger pills now and have him take one in the morning and one at night with food starting the morning of the cruise! Enjoy and hopefully many happy cruises to come!:cool:

I almost thought you were going to be on my "cruise" I was thinking we could have the "Drink of the Day" and console each other but...I have 26 days...I'm looking forward to it but trying not to think too much...

There was an old song by Roger Whittaker (I know NOBODY'S ever heard of him...)..."The first time that we said hello became our last goodbye". Sigh...I just wish "VA-CA-TION" would last till my "Carters wear out".

Psssst, I know who Roger Whittaker is/was. Scary thought!

Isn't meeting other people on the cruise from this forum a fun thing to do and sit down and have a drink w/ them? Ava, if you like an adult bev-er-ahj from time to time, check out some of their DoDs on the cruise!

Also, get them to take your picture as often as possible... you don't have to buy them, but you may spot one or two you like and then you have that memory to cheer you up when you look at the pictures. Trust me on this one! LOL

I almost thought you were going to be on my "cruise" I was thinking we could have the "Drink of the Day" and console each other but...I have 26 days...I'm looking forward to it but trying not to think too much...

There was an old song by Roger Whittaker (I know NOBODY'S ever heard of him...)..."The first time that we said hello became our last goodbye". Sigh...I just wish "VA-CA-TION" would last till my "Carters wear out".

Also another oldie who knows who Roger Whittaker is....

:(

Pack the ginger pills now and have him take one in the morning and one at night with food starting the morning of the cruise! Enjoy and hopefully many happy cruises to come!:cool:

my dh swears by them, he is a umm plumper guy :p so he takes two in the morning and two before dinner regardless of how he feels, no need to take any chances!!

I feel the same way Gail! We booked our 1st cruise for this October, at the end of last September, so 12 1/2mths of waiting. However excited I am about the cruise, I know that it will be here & done before we know it, so I'm trying to stay on the excited part. We did however, end up booking a 2nd cruise for DH & I for next year. And once we can find out the summer 2012 schedule, we will be finding one to take with our kiddos. By the way, your kids are almost the exact ages as my 3! They can't wait to cruise, they are already excited, LOL.

I totally feel you. I started crusing many years ago and went two years in a row, then stopped cruising for many years. Decided to book last winter and couldn't wait to go, I remember your same feeling the first day of the cruise and thinking in 5 days it would all be over. I had a great cruise and booked my next one, which is in 51 days 3 days after returning. That is my new game plan, therefore the fun never ends!! Enjoy your cruise.:o

Gail, I was that way with my first cruise!

I was excited to go, but I knew that the months of planning and anticipation were almost over.

Sometimes you just have to yank yourself back to reality and stay in the moment.

If you start feeling sad, keep yourself in the moment by adopting this simple mantra: BE HERE NOW.

You're going to have so much fun! Can't wait until you get back and book your next cruise!

this is such good advice! Everything we do we should practice being in the NOW! If you want life to flow, be in the now. Best advice i've seen is as soon as you get back, book another cruise. I have 3 booked right now, and as soon as I sail on the first one, I'll be looking for another one to book!

see thats it right there.... you have the post cruise depression precruise, the only cure is to book your next one now, YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS HAVE ONE BOOKED :D:D that is the only cure!!! Thats my story and im sticking to it :)

That is exactly right. We have 2 booked and I have already hounded BF about next Sept. Just waiting for him to break down and say book it! The pain of getting off the ship is not nearly as bad when you have another to look foward to.:)

Gail, we booked a Christmas cruise for 2010 in February 2010 and DH said we needed another cruise in between (since we just got off one in Feb)and we are sailing September 2010.

Luckily he loves cruising as much as I do.

Oh yeah, I bought them and they're ready to go! Not sure if it'll help him though. When he gets in the car to drive he starts popping the gum because of his motion sickness. I also have Bonine so hopefully one of those will help him.

The excitement and anticipation will be over.. :( I am excited beyond belief to go, but at the same time getting sad knowing it will all be over soon...

I really know I will need to book another as soon as we get back and I already have one in mind for next year.. :p

Just wanted to put that out there..

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. I sometimes think that the anticipation and getting ready for a cruise is half the fun. It's like Christmas . . . you plan and decorate and get ready for that big day and then it's all over in one day. I've found the best way to get over that feeling is to book a cruise as soon as you get home from a cruise. I've been planning my September cruise since getting home last January. :p

The excitement and anticipation will be over.. :( I am excited beyond belief to go, but at the same time getting sad knowing it will all be over soon...

I really know I will need to book another as soon as we get back and I already have one in mind for next year.. :p

Just wanted to put that out there..

Gail,

Like others have said, sounds like booking another cruise or planning a different vacation may be the only cure!! :D

We'll be cruising with you for our first cruise. Like you, once I found these boards, I was amazed by the wealth of information and have spent several evenings gathering all sorts of info.. One night last week right after I got home from work, I logged on to the CC boards, and my DS 7 walked into the room to see if he could use the computer....and I said "well I just got on". He then with a little grin said "Mom, I think we should have some of our cruise be a surprise." :rolleyes: Out of the mouths of babes...

I can't help it, a great deal of the fun is in the planning and anticipation!!!

Counting down with you!!

Dawna

I go on our cruise one week after you. I am finding myself happy when weekends are over and the week comes to a end. I always want to start a new week, cause that just brings me closer. I do think about it all the time. Having your own day care out of your home, Im sure you need a VACATION!

I am SO there with you. I do daycare too, and it's hard to explain to someone else how "chained to the house" you feel. For those who work out of the home, it's like, "ooooooh, so glad to be home", but for us, it's "get me the HE!! out of here!". LOL. And I get TOTALLY pissy come Sunday evenings because Monday is around the corner. I've been doing daycare for 10 years, and I've found one of the few things that gets me through is giving myself things to look forward to. Short term (fun day trips for the family or short weekend get aways) AND long term things (liek cruises).

What I do is kind of do some recon on the next cruise I have my eye on before we leave. THAT way, I pitch the idea to DH (and any fun friends we've met onboard that we'd like to invite to join us) while he's in "cruise mode" and it normally works like a charm, LOL.

Just wanted to chime in to let you know I feel your pain on many levels. ;)

I am here to say: THANK YOU!!!!! I had never thought of that but I'm definitely going to try it while on board! :D

Archived