Quick Rum Runner Question

Just a quick rum runner question -- no flames needed as I am very aware of the policies and the possibility of losing out on my liquor.

I know this might sounds stupid - but does the liquor have to be clear in order to pass thru with no problems? On my last cruise, all that we put in the runners was clear vodka and there were no problems. My hubby drinks Jack Daniels and it's a caramel color. Does that matter?

Thanks!

Just a quick rum runner question -- no flames needed as I am very aware of the policies and the possibility of losing out on my liquor.

I know this might sounds stupid - but does the liquor have to be clear in order to pass thru with no problems? On my last cruise, all that we put in the runners was clear vodka and there were no problems. My hubby drinks Jack Daniels and it's a caramel color. Does that matter?

Thanks!

The color wouldn't matter - all these posts about it could have them on the look for them. The problem is for example the ship I'm on this summer has 3000 people - they do not have the time to go through almost 9000 bags and take liquor away.

Just got mine in the mail today. I have no experience. I dont see how they could search everybodys bag but you never know. I might order from bon voyage just in case.

Just got mine in the mail today. I have no experience. I dont see how they could search everybodys bag but you never know. I might order from bon voyage just in case.

For me spending the $$ on the rum runners plus the booze plus the chance i lose the booze and then have to buy Carnival drinks exclusively was too much risk. I will buy from Bon Voyage in 2 months. Its a bit pricey but not terrible. I would rather go knowing i have booze i can enjoy in my room when i want! Though i still may buy a couple small rum runners to take onto the beach at HMC!

Cruised on the Triumph last month out of NOLA. Two Rum Rummers with vodka....both taken.

I know that this is not a part of the thread but Robtnort I see that you're from Gilmer,Texas and wanted to say hello to a East Texas neighbor and Cruise Critic member. I'm from Daingerfield. Please to meet you!!

The rum runners will show in the scanners whether they have clear or colored liquors. There is no magical container that doesn't show on the scanners. It really just depends on the security workers and whether or not they care if you smuggle. Also they have a lot of bags to scan, so they may just overlook the alcohol since it is time consuming to open every bag that may have alcohol in them and confiscate. I think whether or not smuggled alcohol gets taken is pure luck.

I think BV is the way to go. Yes it is more money than smuggling (although if you include the cost of the rum runners maybe not) but is it much cheaper than buying drinks onboard. I put my BV vodka in a flask and mix it with the free lemonade on the lido.

Cruised on the Triumph last month out of NOLA. Two Rum Rummers with vodka....both taken.

DW and I just got back from the Fascination. We had not problem with our rum runners, which had Banana rum, triple sec and Jack. All six made it through.

My Rum Runners just came in the mail today also. Two 32 ouncers...one with Vodka, one with captain Morgan...I will also buy from Bon Voyage...I just want to feel like a pirate smuggling.

Greg

Im with Greg. I like being an outlaw once in a while. I will do bon voyage as well. And Im still gonna put a case of beer in my luggage. That probably has no shot of making it. My last 5 cruises I took at least a case on each. But I think those days are over.

well how? explain what happened..

Rum Runners were packed in checked luggage. When the luggage was brought to the room there was a note stating that the bag had been searched, the alcohol had been confiscated, and would not be returned since it was not in a sealed, unopened container.

Rum Runners were packed in checked luggage. When the luggage was brought to the room there was a note stating that the bag had been searched, the alcohol had been confiscated, and would not be returned since it was not in a sealed, unopened container.

Now that stinks....not even being returned. Glad I bought from BV for our next Triumph cruise.

I plan just carrying them on us. We are going in the winter so a sweater or sweatshirt is appropiate. or can put it my pocket. let the take it if they want it. worth a try. in san juan we took a whole suitcase full (8 bootle) through carry on. No problem:D

For me spending the $$ on the rum runners plus the booze plus the chance i lose the booze and then have to buy Carnival drinks exclusively was too much risk. I will buy from Bon Voyage in 2 months. Its a bit pricey but not terrible. I would rather go knowing i have booze i can enjoy in my room when i want! Though i still may buy a couple small rum runners to take onto the beach at HMC!

That'd be all well and good if it was actually offered in Bon Voyage. All I see is wine. Am I missing some super secret Bon Voyage section?? :confused:

Archived