Vista Parking - Newark Airport

zacc

I just ran across an ad for Vista parking /Newark Airport. Their price seems very good($15 vs $27/day) but am hoping to find someone who has used them to find out their experiences. Any info-good or bad-would be appreciated.

Pray tell, HOW are you saving more than a VERY few dollars???

$100 RT to the port (car service). Even the cheapest way-$50 per car TO the port and $15pp BACK to the airport. That is a bare minimum of $80. Even divided by 10 day cruise =$8.00 per day PLUS parking???. So how do you save any money??? I am still befuddled by those who would save MAYBE $20 and have all the hassle schlepping luggage in and out of vehicles, waiting for car service, etc., etc. The tips alone are more than that is you tip properly. Please explain.

Pray tell, HOW are you saving more than a VERY few dollars???

$100 RT to the port (car service). Even the cheapest way-$50 per car TO the port and $15pp BACK to the airport. That is a bare minimum of $80. Even divided by 10 day cruise =$8.00 per day PLUS parking???. So how do you save any money??? I am still befuddled by those who would save MAYBE $20 and have all the hassle schlepping luggage in and out of vehicles, waiting for car service, etc., etc. The tips alone are more than that is you tip properly. Please explain.

Hope you check back. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the airport. Limo roundtrip $400.00 plus tip. Parking at Newark airport $27.00 per day x 9 days=$243 plus tax. Parking at Vista with coupon $9.00 per day x 9=$81.00 plus tax(they have a free shuttle service as well). I'd say that is a pretty good savings.

Hope you check back. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the airport. Limo roundtrip $400.00 plus tip. Parking at Newark airport $27.00 per day x 9 days=$243 plus tax. Parking at Vista with coupon $9.00 per day x 9=$81.00 plus tax(they have a free shuttle service as well). I'd say that is a pretty good savings.

Your description was VERY deceiving. You are speaking about parking at an offsite AIRPORT parking lot. You STILL have to get to the port (if that is where you are going). If you are going to the airport, why post the info on a cruise board??? It is very deceiving-people think there is BARGAIN parking to get to the cruise port. The "free shuttle" is to the airport, NOT the cruise port.

AND you posted $15 per vs $27.00 per day. NOT $9.00 per day. Here's the website-VERY clearly states $15.00 per day PLUS tax. http://www.vistaparking.com/ You save over Newark Ariport parking in the EWR parking lots. You save NOTHING parking there to go on a cruise. Please prove me wrong!!!

Your description was VERY deceiving. You are speaking about parking at an offsite AIRPORT parking lot. You STILL have to get to the port (if that is where you are going). If you are going to the airport, why post the info on a cruise board??? It is very deceiving-people think there is BARGAIN parking to get to the cruise port. The "free shuttle" is to the airport, NOT the cruise port.

AND you posted $15 per vs $27.00 per day. NOT $9.00 per day. Here's the website-VERY clearly states $15.00 per day PLUS tax. http://www.vistaparking.com/ You save over Newark Ariport parking in the EWR parking lots. You save NOTHING parking there to go on a cruise. Please prove me wrong!!!

First of all I don't have to prove you wrong...the numbers speak for themselves. Second you seem to believe you know more about the situation than I do. This is a cruise.....getting to the airport is the only way to fly to Fort Lauderdale...so that I can get to the port....to get on the ship....and cruise to the Caribbean. I am not deceiving anyone...if they need to fly to their port of embarkation and plan on driving their own car to Newark airport this if fact can save them money on the overall cost of their cruise. Now about your numbers.....Even at the advertised price of $15.00 that is still a savings of $108.00 plus tax. They make readily available coupons that lower that fare. The one online last time I looked was $10.00 a day. I have one for $9.00 a day. Don't know what you do for a living but I hope you are not a detective.

To others: I would still appreciate info from anyone who has used Vista. My major area of interest is was the shuttle reliable. Thanks again 138 east.

I've used Vista a lot. They are great. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport after you check in and load your luggage. Coming home I call as soon as I get my luggage and they are there within 10 minutes. Don't call before you get your luggage, they won't wait for more than a couple of minutes if you aren't there because they have others in the van or to pick up.

It's very easy to get to off the turnpike too, the first exit after the tollbooths. The only confusing part can be when you leave to get back on the turnpike going the other way.

Let me explain about the original poster about Vista. He was cruising from Bayonne. He had heard about the paint spray issue and was adamant about not parking at Cape Liberty. He found Vista at about $9/day. He dropped his DW at the Sheraton, parked at Vista, and took their shuttle back to the Sheraton. Meanwhile they had contacted Bayonne Taxi and got a shuttle rate of $15/pp to the port. I don't remember what they did on the return, but probably another $15/pp back to P4 and the Vista shuttle back to the car. They probably saved some money on this hassle and they were happy, but it's not something that we would recommend for other cruisers.

The whole cruising thing is confusing. Most posters on this forum are actually sailing from one of the NY area cruise terminals. However, there are others who are flying to their cruiseport destinations. We used to fly to San Juan to cruise. One time I took advantage of my mother's handicapped status to get better parking at Newark at a reduced rate. Another time we did a park/fly from the Sheraton. These experiences plus my mother's age (she is now 91) and a brush with snowy weather were enough to make me start booking the Explorer in 2007 and pony up the $$$ to park at the pier.

Archived