New here and to cruising...

sweetheart2576

I am considering taking my first ever cruise and have a few questions. The cruise I am looking into booking is aboard carnival inspiration-5 nt western carribean leaving from tampa. I definitely want a oceanview cabin and was considering going for the guaranteed oceanview cabin. Any opinions if this is a good idea to do, or should I pick for myself the cabin. Also anyone ever done this cruise(tampa, grand caymen, cozumel). It will be my husband, 2 kids (11 and 8), and myself. Opinions please. Thank you.

I am doing that same ship/itinerary on April 30th. It will be my 4th cruise and have done guaranteed on all of them and have never had a complaint about the room I've ended up with. It's a great way to save a few $$ and, to be honest, room location is not that important. Motion and noise is rarely an issue. Your kids will have a blast with Camp Carnival. Mine sure did (12 and 14 at the time) A 5-day western itinerary is ideal for a first cruise and the Port of Tampa is a great starting point. You will not be disappointed. Even with the cost of cruising a little higher than a few years ago, there is still no better bang for your vacation buck.

Welcome to CC!

If you book a guarantee OV, there is a slim chance you can be upgraded to an OV on a higher deck. If you do not mind being on the Rivera Deck, I would book a guarantee. Sometimes the prices are too hard to resist. Maybe you should do a search on here and see what you come up with.

I've only been to Cozumel. There is lots to do here. Look on the Cozumel board for ideas.

Your children should have a great time in Camp Carnival. Mine never wanted to leave!:)

Thanks for the replies. Since this is my first cruise, at this point I am okay with any location for a room, since I have nothing to compare it too. THe price seemed good, and the only thing that matters is that we have a window in the room. Trying to keep costs down because we are planning 2 big vacations this year and every little bit helps. If anyone has any suggestions about anything about the cruise I would appreciate them. As far as shore excursions go, I have read that it is cheaper to book them on your own rather than through the cruiseline. Any good websites for the different ports of grand cayman and cozumel that I can use to find the different prices of excursions. TYIA

Archived