Private Tours in Toulon

David

Hi:

Can anyone recommend an excellent private touring company which will do full day shore excursions from the port of Toulon? We are sailing on Independence of the Seas in July 2011 and want to arrange a customized tour (which we have done many times in Italy and other ports).

Many thanks.

David

We used SSK Dreamliner out of Villefranche and Toulon in November. (We were originally scheduled to dock in Marseille but were diverted to Toulon.) You can read about what we did and my experience in my review:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/royal-caribbean-mediterranean-cruise-2009/

The Toulon portion is under the Marsielle link.

Thanks for the recommendations. Cruise Goddess -- loved those photos.

Has anyone sailed on Independence of the Seas and stopped for a day in Toulon and used a private tour? There are 3 places that interest me: Aix-en-Provence; Avignon; and Arles. I'm a bit doubtful that we can do all 3 in one day, and would appreciate any suggestions or advice on this.

Thanks, Again.

David

We used SSK Dreamliner out of Villefranche and Toulon in November. (We were originally scheduled to dock in Marseille but were diverted to Toulon.) You can read about what we did and my experience in my review:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/royal-caribbean-mediterranean-cruise-2009/

The Toulon portion is under the Marsielle link.

Thank you for a wonderful trip report! We will be cruising around the same time of year (late November/early December). How was the weather in Barcelona and Toulon?

Thank you for a wonderful trip report! We will be cruising around the same time of year (late November/early December). How was the weather in Barcelona and Toulon?

The weather was wonderful in both places! We brought our jackets with us but hardly wore them. We also didn't have any rain during the whole trip!

Hi,

You may have different things you want, however we were a group of 6 friends on our first trip to Europe. One of our stops was in Toulon. We arranged a tour with provencesightseeing.com. Eva was our contact and guide. We had a GREAT time. We had arranged for her to pick us up at 12pm and she took us to a Medieval Village and then to a vineyard tour with wine and olive oil tasting. We had a blast and Eva was wonderful.

They do all sorts of tours so I'm sure you can arrange what ever you want. We found them reasonable, very nice and quick to respond.

Darlene

Hi,

You may have different things you want, however we were a group of 6 friends on our first trip to Europe. One of our stops was in Toulon. We arranged a tour with provencesightseeing.com. Eva was our contact and guide. We had a GREAT time. We had arranged for her to pick us up at 12pm and she took us to a Medieval Village and then to a vineyard tour with wine and olive oil tasting. We had a blast and Eva was wonderful.

They do all sorts of tours so I'm sure you can arrange what ever you want. We found them reasonable, very nice and quick to respond.

Darlene

Do you recall the name of the Medieval village?

Archived