Free email on O

pacheco18

I knew I'd get your attention.

There is a way to get free email on O and all cruise ships. I do it all the time.

If you have a Blackberry with T Mobile and pay the one time international fee (just $19 a month and it is prorated) you will be able to receive and send unlimited emails. It is the best deal out there. For a two week cruise abroad, you will spend $10 total. YOu also get internet free on the device and both emails and internet on land as well.

You just activate it with Customer Service for the day of departure and give them the end date (the date you will return).

The service may work with other Smart Phones but I am a Blackberry girl. You might even be able to rent one.

The service may work with other Smart Phones but I am a Blackberry girl. You might even be able to rent one.

I've often wondered why cruise ships don't have kiosks where one can rent phones, laptops, locally programmed gps devices etc.

I believe you can rent one before you leave home.

Of course you can rent one in the USA (and in the case of a Blackberry it would not be much of a hardship), but if I rented it ON the ship, I wouldnt have to worry about it as it passes through umpteen security checks, or be concerned about the device being compatible with the local systems.

With luggage restrictions being what they are, I'm actually suprised that rental businesses of all kinds are not springing up all over the place.

Yes, this is precisely what the spouse has used on our three O cruises.

I won 30 minutes of free internet on O's computers on my May cruise, and I could not believe how slow (and, therefore, frustrating) it was to use it.

Archived