First class seat & 11 mo. old

onesphinx2004

Have booked a first class seat..Delta Airlines. Plan on having my 11 mo. old seated on my lap. A friend told me that they didn't think that this would be allowed in first class. :eek: According to Delta web site, a baby can travel free if seated on lap. Why would first class be different? Anyone have experience with this?

Yes you can have a baby in your lap in first class. We have done it numerous times.

I always packed alot of toys and snacks to keep them occupied during the flight. And, don't forget about their ears during take off and landing. We always had our daughter drink from her bottle or gave her a pacifier during take off and landing. I just don't get parents that don't realize a baby's ears hurt so much at that age if they don't help them "clear".

Have fun!

Yes you can have a baby in your lap in first class. We have done it numerous times.

I always packed alot of toys and snacks to keep them occupied during the flight. And, don't forget about their ears during take off and landing. We always had our daughter drink from her bottle or gave her a pacifier during take off and landing. I just don't get parents that don't realize a baby's ears hurt so much at that age if they don't help them "clear".

Have fun!

It should be allowed, but ask Delta. We ran into a situation on a smaller "regional jet" where DW and I could not sit in the same row because they did not allow 2 infants in a row. The reason was not 100% clear. They seemed to be saying something about the oxygen masks or 02 supply but that doesn't quite make sense to me.

Anyway... oddball rules may pop up on occasion, and in our case it was due to the type of aircraft. If you're in a small jet with just one first class seat on each side of the aisle... who knows? It wouldn't hurt to spend 5 minutes on the phone to be sure.

It should be allowed, but ask Delta. We ran into a situation on a smaller "regional jet" where DW and I could not sit in the same row because they did not allow 2 infants in a row. The reason was not 100% clear. They seemed to be saying something about the oxygen masks or 02 supply but that doesn't quite make sense to me.

Anyway... oddball rules may pop up on occasion, and in our case it was due to the type of aircraft. If you're in a small jet with just one first class seat on each side of the aisle... who knows? It wouldn't hurt to spend 5 minutes on the phone to be sure.

It makes perfect sense. There were not enough oxygen masks in your row to accomodate the number of people who wanted to sit there.

We are flying on an Airbus A320 with 16 seats in first class. Hope there's no problem.

It makes perfect sense. There were not enough oxygen masks in your row to accomodate the number of people who wanted to sit there.

OK, but as far as I've heard there is at most one extra mask on each side of any row, meaning we should never be able to sit in the same row on the same side of the aisle. We haven't flown much with the twins yet, but only had this issue on the Embrair RJs. We're on AA next week and SWA in Nov. If I remember, I'll come back and post our experience.

OK, but as far as I've heard there is at most one extra mask on each side of any row, meaning we should never be able to sit in the same row on the same side of the aisle. We haven't flown much with the twins yet, but only had this issue on the Embrair RJs. We're on AA next week and SWA in Nov. If I remember, I'll come back and post our experience.

I flew with my twins a lot when they were still lap babies. It's true on every airline I flew on - only one lap baby per row/section, so the only way to sit next to each other with two lap babies is to sit across the aisle from each other, or one in front of the other. In the case of Southwest, where there aren't seat assignments, it's best to bring two diaper bags in case you're not right next to each other.

Best,

Mia

Did you not need to indicate that you had a lap travelling infant when you purchased the ticket? I don't believe that you can just arrive at the airport with an extra passenger?? I may be mistaken, however in my experience with lap travel, we have always had our child listed on our tickets as well???

true for the majority of the airlines-- one lap child per row-- but on occasion have seen 2 lap children in the same row (but rare). We have 3 kids-- so majority of the time we bought one extra seat & only had one lap twin & the other had a seat to rotate them. We have also seen the flight attendants become annoyed w/ lap children parents when they have been told only 1 lap child per row but then the FA comes by & sees that both infants are in the same row-- she had to explain to them repeatedly-- for the ENTIRE flight one infant per row!

First class-- just make sure you have called the airline to let them know you have a lapchild-- it is allowed and the likelihood of 4 lap children (assuming there are 4 rows) would be surprising--

re ? of booking the lapchild-- some websites online don't allow for this-- for example when we were using mileage,e tc-- so we would have to call afterwards to let them know we had a lapchild-- so not always done at time of booking reservation

we have seen the displeased looks from fellow passengers-- but it is allowed-- have even had them come up after the flight-- we were really sad to see you board w/ the infant & thought it was going to be a miserable flight-- but you have a happy little kid & are a great mom........ I politely said thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Sure enough, y'all were right. I guess the desk agent on the first flight didn't know about the issue... and in fact when we checked in last week the first agent did not know about the issue either. :(

Archived