Unable to view Cabin Choices (RC)..

Salsa Dancer

I booked this cruise by phone with a Royal agent. Before booking, I looked at the cabin choices but somewhere it read that I couldn't view them unless I had booked. So I booked...and still can't see cabin choices. This is very different from my experience in '09, which I booked myself online.

Is it normal to be unable to view specific cabin availabilities, if you book with an agent?

Last time we cruised, it was nice to watch for rooms to become available, and to be able to switch to better choices.

No it is not normal. Just go onto RCI website and pretend to book a room. Once you click on the catagory you want D1 for example. Go to the bottom of page and click CONTINUE. This will bring up a list of rooms. If you don't see the one you want you can type it in and hit the Search Staterooms button

No it is not normal. Just go onto RCI website and pretend to book a room. Once you click on the catagory you want D1 for example. Go to the bottom of page and click CONTINUE. This will bring up a list of rooms. If you don't see the one you want you can type it in and hit the Search Staterooms button

Thank you. I tried that and still couldn't see rooms available, then figured it out. I booked a "guarantee" so there are no rooms that I can select, since the category is likely sold out. I tried a D1 and it worked just like normal; so now I know what the problem is. :)

You will not see dummy rooms when looking to book a guarantee.

But I suggest that you go in and make believe you are booking a cruise in the category you booked.

if booked a balcony guarantee-- click on the first category of balconies.

But you will not see ALL that is available. Only 7-9 in any category. THere will be lots more left.

WHen you start seeing only 5 or nothing-- the category is almost closed.

Archived