Veendam ? Sky Deck Pool?

Deac1966

I keep reading that there is only one pool on the Veendam plus the 6 inch deep Retreat - but what is on the Sky Deck? The diagram shows a pool and Oasis. Is it there and what is it?
The Oasis is for teens. I've never looked up there. From the deck plans it looks to be about hot-tub/whirlpool size. :)

I keep reading that there is only one pool on the Veendam plus the 6 inch deep Retreat - but what is on the Sky Deck? The diagram shows a pool and Oasis. Is it there and what is it?

This is a photo of the Oasis Pool from the Rotterdam. All of the Oasis Pools look the same though.

newfarmers-2007-Club-HAL-002.jpg

Joanie

The oasis pool is very shallow. But that waterfall looks wonderful.

The Retreat was an unfortunate move. HAL got more cabins to sell by getting rid of the pool and pushing out the back a little bit, and they tried to make it sound like a Good Thing to have a huge footbath on the open deck. It.'s a Good Thing for them because the footbath doesn't extend down into the deck below, taking up space that can be sold.

The Retreat was an unfortunate move. HAL got more cabins to sell by getting rid of the pool and pushing out the back a little bit, and they tried to make it sound like a Good Thing to have a huge footbath on the open deck. It.'s a Good Thing for them because the footbath doesn't extend down into the deck below, taking up space that can be sold.

Not to hijack the thread but HAL would be better off putting in a few more hot tubs and leaving the rest as open deck in the area they are now using in the aft area of the Lido deck aka The Retreat. It just does not work with the water area in the middle.

They might even be able to use this open space to do things in the open sea air like morning stretch and Tai Chi instead of having it indoors.

Lots of the old time ships had open deck space used for lots of reasons (shuffleboard, skeet shooting etc.) God I sound old now!

The Oasis is the outdoor teen area. It includes a small pool and hammocks.

The deck plan is very misleading. It really isn't a pool. The picture above is what the "pool" looks like, but the size is teeny-tiny. It is quite shallow and only wide enough maybe to sit in with your legs bent. The deck plan definitely calls it a pool, but it's not.

Not to hijack the thread but HAL would be better off putting in a few more hot tubs and leaving the rest as open deck in the area they are now using in the aft area of the Lido deck aka The Retreat. It just does not work with the water area in the middle.

They might even be able to use this open space to do things in the open sea air like morning stretch and Tai Chi instead of having it indoors.

Lots of the old time ships had open deck space used for lots of reasons (shuffleboard, skeet shooting etc.) God I sound old now!

I agree with these good ideas. You old coot.:):)

Archived