Has Carnival lost your laundry?

Uncle Deane

We will be Platinum on our next cruise. The perk we are looking forward to the most is the unlimited wash and fold laundry service. But my wife is concerned that they will lose or mix up our laundry with someone else.

The reason for her concern is this: On our first cruise together, they put one of my bags on THE WRONG SHIP at the POM, I didn't get it back until the end of the cruise. Besides a clothing allowance, free tux and small care pack, they gave me laundry service for the clothes I did have. Anyway, one day I got back the wrong undershorts!:eek: Not my brand, so they really felt funny! To their credit, they gave me another pack from the gift shop (they used to have socks and undies, Calvin Kline, no less).

So, we are just wondering, has anyone else got back the wrong clothes from the service?

We are platinum as well, havent had an issue and in fact I was so suprised that if we gave it to him in the morning before 10am we got it back that evening. That was on the Dream in June, not sure if thats a norm though.

Enjoy your cruise with perks!

This is my favorite 'perk'!! :D No lost laundry (so far). :) Same day drop off/return on two different ships (Destiny & Legend).

Hope you have the same great deposit/return service that I experienced. :cool:

Never lost mine, but I did have a white tank top come back a baby blue color (not from any of the items I sent, which was odd)... so be careful what you send. Luckily, I kind of like it blue now!

Overall, they do a GREAT job, but as noted above, be a bit careful about what you send. I had ("Had" is the operative word!) a very nice knit shirt that I sent, and it now fits my Schnauzer! They must use REALLY HOT water, as that thing went down about 3 sizes! Other than that, no problems.

"SKY"

Never had a problem with our laundry either. Most times, you give it to them in the morning and by evening you have it back. On the Dream in May though, it took a day to get it back. We gave it in the morning and it was returned the following day in the evening. I think it has to do with how many people they are doing laundry for. We have never had it limited to one bag for the cruise but it is my understanding that on certain cruises where they had like 400 Platinum cruisers, they limited the free laundry to 1 bag per person. This is not the norm and most times, you can send as much as you need to.

We have done 25+ cruises, since becoming Platinum and have never had an issue with the Free Wash and Fold.

We use the service on every cruise....once on 4-5 day cruises and twice on 7 day cruises.

Now I do NOT send anything delicate or of sentimental value (like our youngest son's Naxcar tshirts from all his races) ..... but jeans, shorts, undies, socks.....they do a great job.

So, we are just wondering, has anyone else got back the wrong clothes from the service?

No mix-ups, but they did ruin a blouse. It seemed as if they had bleached it! :eek:

In Carnival's defense, customer service was excellent, and they did everything in their power to rectify the situation, including several follow up calls to ensure that we were satisfied! :)

Archived