Future Cruise Deposit Question

JWJs

I'm thinking of putting a future cruise deposit down..

So, if I put the deposit down, do I HAVE to book directly with HAL or can I book with a TA and get the deal they are offering as well and have my deposit honoured?

As I said -- the FCC aska us if we want to use the same TA -- which is not a HAL TA. The onboard FCC just faxes everything over to our TA.

So, if I put the deposit down, do I HAVE to book directly with HAL or can I book with a TA and get the deal they are offering as well and have my deposit honoured?
By default it automatically goes to the same TA that you used for the cruise you are on. You automatically get the pricing that TA offers.

If you want to do anything different - say changes TA's - you have to book with HAL initially and then transfer to a new TA later. That's very easy to do with one phone call.

Since we book longer cruises and Deluxe suites we get $100 per person shipboard credit which can be combined with our AMEX PLat shipboard credit and Carnival stock shipboard credit. Really helps towards the Hotel Service Charge.

So, you typically have $750.00 OBC per cruise?

Now I'm trying to wrap my little newbie brain around this whole future deposits thing. My question is, why is this any better than, for example, booking it through AAA which also requires a $100 (but refundable) deposit? I'm not sure I see the advantage if only for less than $100 onboard credit. Can someone enlighten me?

Never mind - I just read your corrected statement about your AAA office! I was going to ask you where it was located, as we would be interested in using them if they allowed you to book HAL cruises for only $100.00 deposit!

Decided not to purchase a FCC while on our last cruise because we were not sure where we wanted to go and I did not want to have to keep track of it. That changed within a week of coming home and found another HAL cruise (seven days) in Sept 2012 at a better rate than HAL directly and with a reduced deposit of $100.00 pp and $50.00 shipboard credit. This was through another cruise vacation company with a three letter name.

Looking through their other deals there were several cruise lines with the reduced deposits.

Cheryl

Archived