Main Dining Room

Courier95

We are new to Celebrity. Is the main dining room open for breakfast and lunch each day or only on sea days?

Hi:). It is open every day for breakfast but its only open for lunch on sea days.

I am sailing back to back. The first week I'll be joined by a friend of mine and the second week by my sister. Is anyone sailing at that time who might be interested in meeting as a group, especially the single retired "sailors?"

Give a shout and I'll get back with you.

sealoverinnc:D

Hi sealoverinnc - you'll need to include you ship name. Have you found the roll call section of CruiseCritic? If you're going on Solstice these should be the links to yours

Solstice 11-7-10 roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1087989&page=10

Solstice 11-14-10 roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153101&page=2

If not Solstice, just go to the roll call section for Celebrity and you'll be able to find yours. Our roll call for 10-17-10 has been fabulous! About 40-50 of us are already up to mischief and we still have 3 months til we cruise!

Edited to add: don't know why first url didn't come thru as link. Just copy and paste it.

Hi:). It is open every day for breakfast but its only open for lunch on sea days.

I got a courtesy call from Celebrity to see if I had any questions before sailing. I specifically asked what the lunch options were on port days in case we came back on board, and I was told the MDR was open for lunch on port days, as some people do not leave the ship. This would be on the Infinity to Alaska. Did I get incorrect information? If so, what are the lunch options on port days? Thanks!

I got a courtesy call from Celebrity to see if I had any questions before sailing. I specifically asked what the lunch options were on port days in case we came back on board, and I was told the MDR was open for lunch on port days, as some people do not leave the ship. This would be on the Infinity to Alaska. Did I get incorrect information? If so, what are the lunch options on port days? Thanks!

Hi:)...that is news to me if the dining room is open for lunch on port days.

I am not going to tell you the information is incorrect but as I said, its

news to me. My last 3 cruises had no lunch in the dining room on port

days.

If it is closed? The Infinity has the Aqua Spa Cafe~it is absolutely

wonderful:D and of course you have the regular buffet. There are

different areas of it as well..you can get sandwiches made (Panninis)

or the regular entrees, salads, etc. They also have a pizza/pasta

area and there is always room service. I think the grill is open too

which is near the pool.

Hope this helps you a bit. Maybe when someone returns home from a

cruise before yours they can let you know first hand if the dining

room was open for lunch on port days. When are you sailing?

I haven't sailed in many years, and wanted to know the options, and that is why I asked the person who called me. But it was my understanding, from what I had read previously on this board, that the MDR would be closed on port days. Well, I'll be going in 2 weeks, and will report back :) !

Archived