Veendam A232 and A223

knuts1

I am thinking of changing to one of these suites and would like to hear from someone that has stayed in one resently if the balconys are larger or smaller than the others on that deck. It looks like they go further towards the sides of the ship but any pictures have been deceiving. I have found some that looks like there is a wall there and others look like it to all the way around the side. Any help would be great.

Thanks

We used Joanie's pages to help us make our descision, and, hoping she doesn't mind, here's her website: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

We chose 232 for our SA and Antarctic Holiday cruise. It appears, especially in the pictures at the bottom of Joanie's page on the Veendam, that these rooms "wrap" around to the port and starboard sides. In fact, looking at her page, it seems there's something amiss about the location of the aft veranda suites on her pages, or at least we think there is.

Happy cruising!

We used Joanie's pages to help us make our descision, and, hoping she doesn't mind, here's her website: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

We chose 232 for our SA and Antarctic Holiday cruise. It appears, especially in the pictures at the bottom of Joanie's page on the Veendam, that these rooms "wrap" around to the port and starboard sides. In fact, looking at her page, it seems there's something amiss about the location of the aft veranda suites on her pages, or at least we think there is.

Happy cruising!

Feel silly quoting myself, but, in looking at Joanie's page on the Veendam, we sort of intuited, or guessed really, that what she has listed under the heading of "C 323 Lanai Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck" is actually one of the aft corner rooms on either deck 9 or 10 and not a lanai ocean view stateroom. We figured the door to the verandha is not a sliding door and the verandha is certainly not the Promanade deck that the lanai rooms are on. I'm not at all criticizing here, as Joanie obviously has her hands full of many different pictures and pages, merely pointing out a possible oops (actually, if it's not hers, it's mine! :D)

We chose 232 because of the wrapping verandha, thinking, hoping, etc. that this would give us a slightly better view to port as well as aft than one of the aft rooms in the middle.

Happy cruising!

Feel silly quoting myself, but, in looking at Joanie's page on the Veendam, we sort of intuited, or guessed really, that what she has listed under the heading of "C 323 Lanai Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck" is actually one of the aft corner rooms on either deck 9 or 10 and not a lanai ocean view stateroom. We figured the door to the verandha is not a sliding door and the verandha is certainly not the Promanade deck that the lanai rooms are on. I'm not at all criticizing here, as Joanie obviously has her hands full of many different pictures and pages, merely pointing out a possible oops (actually, if it's not hers, it's mine! :D)

We chose 232 because of the wrapping verandha, thinking, hoping, etc. that this would give us a slightly better view to port as well as aft than one of the aft rooms in the middle.

Happy cruising!

Actually, you are correct in the fact that what I have posted on the site shows the stateroom as an Aft wraparound, when NOW it is not. There were new staterooms added AFTER these photos were sent to me and the staterooms were renumbered. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive the new photos and the renumbered staterooms.

No insult was taken 0bnxshs, as a matter of fact, I thank you for reminding me of this. I do have the following statement added under the photos of Veendams' C 323 Lanai Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck : (IRL_Joanie's Note: This is NOW one of the new, as of April 2009), Lanai Ocean View Staterooms located on the Lower Promenade Deck Near Midship Port side Stateroom.)

I also, unfortunately, do not have any photos of the A Staterooms that the OP is asking about. I am so sorry!! All the recent reviews of the Veendam and Bermuda, and no photos:(

Joanie

I also, unfortunately, do not have any photos of the A Staterooms that the OP is asking about. I am so sorry!! All the recent reviews of the Veendam and Bermuda, and no photos:(

Joanie

Joanie, thanks for not being insulted in my pointing out what you already knew.... some people seem to wear their feelings on their sleeves on forum boards like this. Also, you can be sure you'll have pictures after our trip of 232 on the Veendam! Thanks for all your efforts.... and if you have any special requests for photos, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Joanie, thanks for not being insulted in my pointing out what you already knew.... some people seem to wear their feelings on their sleeves on forum boards like this. Also, you can be sure you'll have pictures after our trip of 232 on the Veendam! Thanks for all your efforts.... and if you have any special requests for photos, don't hesitate to ask. :)

LOL I am either to thick skinned or skulled or even to stupid to be insulted most of the time:D

For the OP and all who want/need them, DRWhit just came off the Veendam today and I already have their photos and description of BB 212 up and running here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

I would GREATLY appreciate any and all photos you can get for the site, staterooms and public rooms alike!!

Thank You so much!!

Joanie

I would love a copy of them too as I just booked that room for the Jan 23rd SA cruise. my e-mail is (bknuts@frontiernet.net) Thanks. Bill

knuts, you can see the staterooms for the Veendam, that I have, (I just received more this morning for 820 and will be adding them to the page today, should be up and running by 10 a.m. EST) Here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

There is a wall there -- if you look at HAL's site you will also see steps that go up to the deck above. The steps on the starboard side go to the Lido Deck. There are also steps from your deck that go downward that is onoly for the crew.

I don't think I would like a cabin with stairs right beside the one wall of the cabin.

knuts, you can see the staterooms for the Veendam, that I have, (I just received more this morning for 820 and will be adding them to the page today, should be up and running by 10 a.m. EST) Here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

I have the photos up and running now and added a new note regarding the photos of the OLD C 323. I would love to show the current photos of C 323 but...

knuts, you have email:D

Joanie

Archived