What to Do - For Teens (14 & 12)?

CATJAMMIES

We were in Roatan in June, and our kids (9 and 13) liked this stop more than anywhere else. If your ship stops at the new cruise port by Mahogony Beach I would suggest the following:

We simply walked out the main gate of the cruise port shopping area, and directly accrss the sreet is Clip N Zip. THey offer an hour to hour and a half Zip line course through the tree canopy featuring 14 platforms, and 11 zip lines. Cost was only $40 per person, (we had no reservations, and we walked up, paid, and were zip-lining immediately). The experience was safe, exciting, and the staff was excellent. They said it would take an hour, but it actually took an hour and a half. They have an excellent website: http://www.clipnziproatan.com

At the other end of the cruiseport shopping area is the chairlift and sidewalk to Mahogony Beach. This is a crowded, but beautiful man made beach. You can find shaded lounge chairs for free, there are bar/restaurants on the beach, and the water is fantastic. We made no prior plans for this cruise stop, and had the best time by ziplining, shopping, and hitting the beach. Eveything is in walking distance, and provided a relatively inexpensive, hassle free day of fun.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Roatan in June, and our kids (9 and 13) liked this stop more than anywhere else. If your ship stops at the new cruise port by Mahogony Beach I would suggest the following:

We simply walked out the main gate of the cruise port shopping area, and directly accrss the sreet is Clip N Zip. THey offer an hour to hour and a half Zip line course through the tree canopy featuring 14 platforms, and 11 zip lines. Cost was only $40 per person, (we had no reservations, and we walked up, paid, and were zip-lining immediately). The experience was safe, exciting, and the staff was excellent. They said it would take an hour, but it actually took an hour and a half. They have an excellent website: www.clipnziproatan.com

At the other end of the cruiseport shopping area is the chairlift and sidewalk to Mahogony Beach. This is a crowded, but beautiful man made beach. You can find shaded lounge chairs for free, there are bar/restaurants on the beach, and the water is fantastic. We made no prior plans for this cruise stop, and had the best time by ziplining, shopping, and hitting the beach. Eveything is in walking distance, and provided a relatively inexpensive, hassle free day of fun.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Do you get to do all 11 lines for $40??

Do you get to do all 11 lines for $40??

We did a zip line course in Roatan through Island Marketing. There were 16 lines (if memory serves) and you do them all for one price. At the one we did, the last line was a thousand feet long...awsome. Both my 14 and my 6 year old loved it.

Archived