My review and photos from Shuttertours in Seattle

A few weeks ago I asked a question about shuttertours and no one had heard of the company. I thought I would follow up my post with a review and include some photos from my tour.

In background, I am staying in Seattle 6 days before boarding the MS. Amsterdam. Like many of you, I just purchased a brand new camera for my Alaska trip. I felt that getting a 'class' in photography while in Seattle would be a good use of my time.

In summary, I would HIGHLY recommend shutter tours (www.shuttertours.com). This is a combo of a history tour and photography lesson. $40.00 and 3.5 hours walking the city. There is quite a bit of walking up and down stairs, but it was well worth it.

I am not a photographer. In fact, up until yesterday I had never even heard of aperture, thirds rule, focal length, etc... This tour gave me great info as a total novice on my camera. There were only 3 people total so there was plenty of one on one time with the instructor. The class was geared for both the beginner and more advanced. I really enjoyed it.

Here is a link to a more detailed review of my tour along with several of the photos I took of this incrediable city if anyone is interested:

http://www.chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21658&start=10

Cheryl :)

A few weeks ago I asked a question about shuttertours and no one had heard of the company. I thought I would follow up my post with a review and include some photos from my tour.

In background, I am staying in Seattle 6 days before boarding the MS. Amsterdam. Like many of you, I just purchased a brand new camera for my Alaska trip. I felt that getting a 'class' in photography while in Seattle would be a good use of my time.

In summary, I would HIGHLY recommend shutter tours (www.shuttertours.com). This is a combo of a history tour and photography lesson. $40.00 and 3.5 hours walking the city. There is quite a bit of walking up and down stairs, but it was well worth it.

I am not a photographer. In fact, up until yesterday I had never even heard of aperture, thirds rule, focal length, etc... This tour gave me great info as a total novice on my camera. There were only 3 people total so there was plenty of one on one time with the instructor. The class was geared for both the beginner and more advanced. I really enjoyed it.

Here is a link to a more detailed review of my tour along with several of the photos I took of this incrediable city if anyone is interested:

http://www.chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21658&start=10

What kind of camera did you get? I think I can tell you why your light looked yellow in those pictures when it really wasn't if it is the make of camera that I think it is.

Whoopsie, my bad. I didn't mean to break the rules. I was really posting in response to my own question posted a few weeks ago. Maybe the mods can link the threads? Either way, I understand completely.

PS: SeattleCruiselover, The city really WAS that yellowish color just before sunset. Nothing wrong with my camera. It was that color again tonight too (I got more images). I actually asked my photo guide about it and she said that the yellowish/orangish light just before sunset is some of her best lighting for photos.

Loved the pictures in your review! And that gold color of the light - I see that pretty often at sunset from the huge floor to ceiling windows from my work place. Love it, looks so warm.

Question on the picture labeled Alaska skyline midday from the harbor - that has to be Seattle! I see the smith tower, alaskan way viaduct etc.

Our gum wall - I just have to say "ew" and why! :p

Whoopsie, my bad. I didn't mean to break the rules. I was really posting in response to my own question posted a few weeks ago. Maybe the mods can link the threads? Either way, I understand completely.

PS: SeattleCruiselover, The city really WAS that yellowish color just before sunset. Nothing wrong with my camera. It was that color again tonight too (I got more images). I actually asked my photo guide about it and she said that the yellowish/orangish light just before sunset is some of her best lighting for photos.

Odd, because it looks exactly like the yellow distortion from a Fuji camera that is not set for natural lighting with the white balance.

Well, you're still going, so no worries yet! LOL.

I went over and looked at your photos--very nice. :D I agree with Tink on the gum wall, but it makes for a great photo! ;)

Archived