My photos and review of Shuttertours

Background: I am a novice photographer at best. Infant really. This forum helped me tremendously in choosing a Cannon SX20 IS for my Alaskan Cruise. That decision left me needing some training in my new camera, and fast.

I am doing 6 days pre-cruise in Seattle and felt that taking a photo class would be a good use of my time. I suspect that others on this forum might be in the same position: A brand new camera and an Alaskan trip planned.

And for so many of you who are already experienced photographers, I think this combo history/photography tour might be something worth exploring (www.shuttertours.com). I loved the walking, but I will warn you that there is 3 plus hours worth of walking (up and down steps also), so be forewarned.

The cost was $40.00 for 3.5 hours. My guide was Valentino and there were a total of 3 people on this walking tour. Myself (brand new), a mid-shooter, and an experienced photographer. I think that Valentino did an excellent job gearing her tips/pointers to all three of us.

Below is a link to a bit more of a review and lots of photos I took. They are completely unedited (no time as I'm actually here in Seattle still). I am pleased with the photos and the information I learned on yesterday's tour and thought that this might be of interest for others who share a passion for photography and cruising, especially during this Alaskan season when so many of us are departing from Seattle:

http://www.chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21658&start=10

Hope this information is useful to someone,

Cheryl :)

I also have the Cannon SX20 and love it, especially the great zoom. What I'm amazed at is the great video that it takes. I had the Rebel XT before this camera and just found it too cumbersome to carry around. The SX20 is in between a small point and shoot and a DSLR and is quite easy to use. Make sure you post your Alaska pictures,

Archived