Sapphire princess - extra boat during Tracy cruising?

JokerABC

i've read many times on the board that Princess has an extra smaller boat during the scenic cruising that you can take to get closer? i don't see this "excursion" or extra on My Princess where i can book it. do they not offer this anymore? tried searching threads but don't see any details on booking this. or should we just enjoy the "free" views from the deck and our balcony and relax?

Not all Princess ships that sail Tracy Arm offer this. I know Sapphire Princess does while Golden didn't the day we were there. How I know is we ( on the Sapphire ) arrived and I disembarked onto the smaller excursion boat. We watched the Sapphire sail off and later that morning about 30-45' later Golden arrived but simply did a brief stop, 360 turn and left. Later we got close and past them. If you are on the Sapphire you should have this tour. I was surprised at how lightly attended it was, is worth it IMHO if you want more time in the narrow fjords, up close photo ops with the ice, glacier and also the water falls. We were very fortunate to get two bear and 3 whale sightings.

Check the excursions under Juneau port excursions for this on your cruise personalizer

BTW if you do take this be aware that its a long couple hours sailing back to Juneau.

Good luck.

i've read many times on the board that Princess has an extra smaller boat during the scenic cruising that you can take to get closer? i don't see this "excursion" or extra on My Princess where i can book it. do they not offer this anymore? tried searching threads but don't see any details on booking this. or should we just enjoy the "free" views from the deck and our balcony and relax?

1205951919_285TracyArmExcursionboatarrives.jpg.565c11738fd0f63bd7d142621300d525.jpg

1938327635_305SealonTracyArmExcursion.jpg.308ad61e6d883d1211a923761228d8f0.jpg

282539556_318AscloseaswecantoSawyerGlacier.jpg.9c846639c4d1e401133b33c278d7d2de.jpg

873991871_335GoldenPrincess.jpg.17fd495faf5080d678346a227c8aff37.jpg

1929114854_372WaterfallinTracyArm.jpg.983034bb9213b5d67f3098da013b7e76.jpg

We were on the Sapphire on first tour in May to make it in close to the glaciers, but were still a long way off. There was too much ice to get in too close. The Golden made it in almost as far as the tour boat. We saw many eagles on the ice flows, a bear along the shore, a few seals, & then followed a pod of orcas & a couple of humpbacks on the ride to Juneau, so it did not seem long at all. Very enjoyable.

Are you thinking of the one offered through Allen Marine Tours? Check out their website; they used to offer it only to passengers on the Norwegian Star, but now make it available to several lines/ships.

www.allenmarinetours.com

Princess is testing a small boat excursion on the Sapphire only. You board directly from the ship while underway. You have to book while on board the princess and the small boat takes you to Juneau. The cost is around $200.00 PP. They are able to get very close to the Sawyer glacier through the ice. I hope this helps. We sailed Sapphire 7/4...

Booking is available on the cruise personalizer, but hard to find.

We were on the same excursion, but IMHO we didn't really get that close. There are many pictures of closer sailing. I'm not complaining as the bears and whales made up for the distant viewing but up closer would have been nicer but them icebergs weren't going to allow it :mad:

Those wildlife stops did result in me dropping one of my cameras :eek:. We ran late and I had to make a mad dash after we got back to catch of all things a whale watching excursion with my family. Lucky the insurance check is in the mail for the D700.

Princess is testing a small boat excursion on the Sapphire only. You board directly from the ship while underway. You have to book while on board the princess and the small boat takes you to Juneau. The cost is around $200.00 PP. They are able to get very close to the Sawyer glacier through the ice. I hope this helps. We sailed Sapphire 7/4...

514665373_316AscloseaswecantoSawyerGlacier.jpg.af9bfeedf9988dffdc9c7eb11e35d308.jpg

Archived