Confusing PVP

Gypsywych

I called Carnival yesterday to upgrade our balcony booking on the Fascination to an ES. It's our 30th anniversary and we had decided to splurge a little extra since we'd originally gotten a really good deal on it.

I spoke to a PVP who most definitely did not want to take my money. I asked about rates for the GS and the ES as well as the balcony sizes for both. Then specifically told her that I wanted to upgrade to the ES for the cruise.

She spent 5 minutes telling me that the ES is a quad booking and she didnt' want to book me into it because if they get a booking for 4 people they'd move me. I'm willing to take the chance. Please book it.

She started her spiel again, how she can book it buttttttttttt......

and another 5 minutes of explanation.

Finally I gave up.

How often does that happen?

I called Carnival yesterday to upgrade our balcony booking on the Fascination to an ES. It's our 30th anniversary and we had decided to splurge a little extra since we'd originally gotten a really good deal on it.

I spoke to a PVP who most definitely did not want to take my money. I asked about rates for the GS and the ES as well as the balcony sizes for both. Then specifically told her that I wanted to upgrade to the ES for the cruise.

She spent 5 minutes telling me that the ES is a quad booking and she didnt' want to book me into it because if they get a booking for 4 people they'd move me. I'm willing to take the chance. Please book it.

She started her spiel again, how she can book it buttttttttttt......

and another 5 minutes of explanation.

Finally I gave up.

How often does that happen?

The agents are generally not supposed to under-book cabins and in certain cases are not allowed to. For these cabins, in event that they did need to move you, it would be difficult for them to move you to an "equivalent" cabin as compared to the case where you were in an Inside or Oceanview.

ken

There are not alot of ES (8) and GS (20) cabins on that style ship. Go right to a GS if you can. We have a GS on the Imagination. We tried to book some of the special cabins and we got moved every time. If the GSs are booked your S.

The agents are generally not supposed to under-book cabins and in certain cases are not allowed to. For these cabins, in event that they did need to move you, it would be difficult for them to move you to an "equivalent" cabin as compared to the case where you were in an Inside or Oceanview.

ken

Right. Sometimes there is an occupancy restriction and if a room can accomodate 4 people, the agents must book 4 people in that room.

I understood her logic, and after some thought... I went back and took a look. Seems all the GS and ES are either 3-4 person cabins. So I could book either one and get bumped. So it seems couples aren't encouraged to book nicer cabins?

Archived