New England Menu?

GoBlueCruiser

We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in September to Canada/New England and wondered if they feature any special New England menu in the dining room? Before we choose to indulge in a lobster bake or other seafood feast ashore, it would be nice to know if such a menu will be offered aboard.

Mike

It's been several years since we sailed on the Golden Princess to New England and Canada. But when we did, the menus did not feature any New England specialties. I got my fresh lobster fix in Halifax and Boston.

The best cruise for New England cooking is one of the small windjammer ships. We did a four-night cruise on the Mercantile, which is a 29-passenger schooner with Maine Windjammer Cruises. The food was fantastic. They even do a great lobster bake on an uninhabited island.

We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in September to Canada/New England and wondered if they feature any special New England menu in the dining room? Before we choose to indulge in a lobster bake or other seafood feast ashore, it would be nice to know if such a menu will be offered aboard.

Mike

We did this cruise last summer and I don't remember there being a lobster bake kinda thing on board. I will tell you that when we docked in Boston, there was a resturant near the pier called THE BARKING CRAB (google it) - best new england clam chowder, lobster rolls, crab cakes, etc, we ever had. When we went to Bar Harbor, the town there by the Pier has a lot of places to eat. PICK ONE - they are awesome. [its very picturesque.I They even sold lobster rolls right in a little place on the Pier. I remember buying a blueberry muffin and taking back on the ship. Maine blueberries are tiny but soooooo good. (You realize I am reliving that cruise because of your post don't you - L0L) If I were going again, I would definitely do one of those lobster bakes they offered. I'm jealous - I would do this trip again in a heartbeat. I hope you are going to ACADIA National Park. Wait till you see the Thunderhole. Okay - thats it - Im going to go look at my pictures from last year again.

:)

As someone mentioned, the Barking Crab is very good but very touristy:)

Take a look at the website and I think they show a menu also. You don't have to go "downtown" to enjoy this place in Boston. September is still very busy in Boston. Red Sox, college kids, etc. etc.:cool:

Halifax would be great too. It is a very hilly city, so I would check out the places before cruising. ;)

Archived