bringing granddaughter back to ship

DALSAL

Taking a cruise in September with my son, dil, and dgd. She will be 10 months, and has her own passport. Has anyone had any experience with a grandparent bringing baby back to the ship while mom and dad stayed in port.

We will probably stay on the ship in Jamaica, but was thinking we would like to take her off in GC and Cozumel. I was hoping to be able to bring her back on the ship with me, and let mom and dad have some fun. Will one of the parents have to bring her back on the ship, or would I be able to do this . Our last names are the same.

I plan on calling Carnival, but since I know you can call three times and get three different answers, I was wanting to know if anyone else had done this. Thanks, Dot

Not a problem at all...they only care if you have your ship id....anyone can come and go with anyone else.

Ok, thanks for the replys...I know anyone can come and go, but since she will only be 10 months old, thought they may question it.

Nope, they don't care as long as you have the proper ID. I took my 4 YO DGS on a cruise. When we were getting back on the security guy asks him what his name is - trying to match it to the cruise card (I think the guy was bored). Well, he was asking a 4 YO so he got the first name. The guy asks what his last name is - he can't really remember. I said what about your middle name, is it Sc**, he says nope, that's not my name. The guy gave up and laughed and let us board. Asking a 4 YO for his name is useless. As we were getting OFF the ship in Victoria going through immigration he's crying, "no, no, don't make me get off the ship. I want to stay on"..... I'm surprised they didn't check us then LOL.

In Hawaii Grama took DD(2.75 y/o) to a beach with a playground while we did an excursion inappropriate for her. DD has a different last name than Grama. I wrote a note authorizing Grama to be her guardian and make decisions for DD. They had a lovely day and nobody ever needed to see the note. Grama took her off and back on the ship completely without us.

Actually, I should elaborate that DD had a lovely day. :rolleyes: Grama took a spill on the concrete and did a number on her knee. The lifeguard helped check her out and make sure they were ok. Even then, no one blinked that Grama had DD.

Please get a note from childs parents, just in case. Since you are just talking about reboarding, it will probably not be an issue, but...

On our Conquest cruise, DH and I left DD with my mother on our Jamaica day. Granny was denied disembarking with her because she did not have written authorization from me or DH. The last names are different, but they were sharing a room, so it never occured to me that she would need anything. She was also not allowed to drop her off at Camp Carnival that day for the same reason. (..and yes, I had put her as an authorized person on the CC forms.) So if you want to guarantee you won't be asked for it, have a note from Mom and Dad. :)

Archived