cavetubing in belize

jetslions1

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I did cave tubing in Belize and every tour goes to the same place and walks the same paths and you end up in the same river, just not ALL at once. The journey to the forest/river does take some time, but it was a great excursion. We found out while there that Carnival's (same ship we were on just booked independently) photographer's were there taking pictures of "their" excursion and they took our pics too. So we ended up seeing our caving photo's on the photo deck. The caves are cool and dark and the water was.. let's just say "REFRESHING" and when they say "BUTT-UP" they mean lift your butt up or skin will transfer onto the rocks under your butt. lol

This river isn't like white water rafting, but more like a lazy river except you are wearing a light attached to your head so you can see in the caves. And at the end of the tubing is a cliff area where people were jumping off of the cliffs and swinging off a rope swing.

Bring water shoes and an open mind, it was fun and would do it again.

I thought the whole experience was over-rated. It was a long drive and very crowded from all the different guides & tour companies competing for space.

If you have ever tubed before it's really not much different than any other river. Except the cave part...

We have caved twice with Reggie Trapp. We enjoyed the 1st time so much we went with him again. The 2nd time I contacted him I found out his web site had died, his host went under and didn't tell anyone. Reggie lost business because of that, but now has a new site. He was going to take just the two of us but we met another coulple on the ship who joined us. So there were just the 4 of us and Reggie. It was $45@ -1/2 of the ship's price! His max is 14 and if he has more than 8 he has a guide in the front and the back. He will take children but must know ahead to have a child size life vest. If you'd like more info on Reggie, email me at bonniejns@hotmail.com, subject, cave tubing. We really like the safety of small groups not the ship's 30-40 passengers!

Archived