Monarch of the Seas formal night

The Cruise Compass showed the formal night as "smart casual". I did not recognize this as the formal night and did not wear my dress for it. It was the formal night, though. Other people did dress for it, but not everyone. Somehow they knew. I called the front desk later and asked and was told "smart casual" is the new "formal."

This was only a 3 day cruise and maybe they are doing away with the formal night.

Has anyone been on an RCI 7 day cruise lately? I wonder if all the Cruise Compasses now show "smart casual" or if this was just on a three day cruise. In April, on the Liberty of the Seas for a 7 day cruise, the Cruise Compass showed "formal", but maybe this has changed.

Yes, the three-night cruises tend not to have a formal night now. But, a lot of people still dress formally on that night. My four-night cruise on Grandeur had one formal night and the seven-night cruises still have two formal nights.

The Monarch 3 nighter has definitely went to "smart casual" and has done away with "formal night". It was so on my cruise in May and I have noticed quiet a few other posts about it too.

With that said, my guess is there are still quiet a few people that like to dress formal for supper on that night for pictures etc or they just dont know about the change because they are not members here or any other cruising forum. :) Only a very small percentage of cruisers post on forums.

There were quiet a few tuxes and a lot of suits on my 3 night cruise and a bunch of ladies all dresses in their dresses and gowns as well.

Archived