Best Nassau Excursions

OldRockr1

Leaving on the Miracle next Tuesday and one of the ports is Nassau. I haven't heard many good things so I figured I'd ask for some advice. Any recommended excursions? Perhaps a sail & snorkle? Good Beaches? any help is appreciated.

I have the same question. We will be in port all day (7am til Midnight). Our group is 2 adults and our 5 children. The children are older between 14 and 21. I really don't want to seperate too much. We were thinking about the walking tour in the morning but after that the day is wide open. Thanks

For the best beach experience, you really need to get a day pass at one of the hotels. That way you have access to pools, food, drink, bathrooms, etc. British Colonial Hilton, Sheraton and Wyndham all over nice day passes for pretty reasonable prices. You can also get day passes at the all-inclusives (Breezes, RIU, Sandals) but they will cost a lot more because they include alcoholic drinks and sometimes non-motorized water sports like hobie cats and kayaks.

There are a couple of public beaches - Junkanoo within walking distance from the port and Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. Cabbage Beach doesn't have "facilities" but you could always combine a sight seeing trip to Atlantis and then head over to the beach.

Some of the things we've done in Nassau:

Segway Tour (livmoore, that might be something fun for your whole group)

Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon

Digs Tour at Atlantis

Beach Day pass at Atlantis

All-inclusive day pass at RIU

self-guided walking tour

gambling at Crystal Palace and then lunch at the Fish Fry

Other things to do:

Ardastra Gardens and Zoo

Fort Fincastle or Fort Charlotte

Pirate Museum

Blackbeards Cay for a beach day or to see the stingrays

Snorkel trips

From what I can tell, the people who didn't enjoy Nassau didn't venture much farther than the straw market. Stay away from there and you should have a great time. :)

I'll be glad to answer questions about any of the things we've done in Nassau.

We were in Nassua off Miracle on 7/15, and took the Catamaran & Reef Dive excursion that Carnival offered. We had a FANTASTIC time, the best excursion I've ever taken. Not only was the diving great, with lots of colorful fish in relatively shallow water, but even the boat ride out was fun. We had a rather windy and choppy day, so those of us up front in the netting had a good time getting splashed or watching others get splashed. One caveat however: if you are a weak or non-swimmer, there is a current out there, which will carry you away from the boat, and it can tire you out fairly quickly. That being said, there were two young girls on the excursion, a 9 year old and a 7 year old, and both of them seemed to handle it okay. It was well worth the money, and if I ever get back to Nassau, I would definately and seriously consider doing it again.

For the best beach experience, you really need to get a day pass at one of the hotels. That way you have access to pools, food, drink, bathrooms, etc. British Colonial Hilton, Sheraton and Wyndham all over nice day passes for pretty reasonable prices. You can also get day passes at the all-inclusives (Breezes, RIU, Sandals) but they will cost a lot more because they include alcoholic drinks and sometimes non-motorized water sports like hobie cats and kayaks.

There are a couple of public beaches - Junkanoo within walking distance from the port and Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. Cabbage Beach doesn't have "facilities" but you could always combine a sight seeing trip to Atlantis and then head over to the beach.

Some of the things we've done in Nassau:

Segway Tour (livmoore, that might be something fun for your whole group)

Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon

Digs Tour at Atlantis

Beach Day pass at Atlantis

All-inclusive day pass at RIU

self-guided walking tour

gambling at Crystal Palace and then lunch at the Fish Fry

Other things to do:

Ardastra Gardens and Zoo

Fort Fincastle or Fort Charlotte

Pirate Museum

Blackbeards Cay for a beach day or to see the stingrays

Snorkel trips

From what I can tell, the people who didn't enjoy Nassau didn't venture much farther than the straw market. Stay away from there and you should have a great time. :)

I'll be glad to answer questions about any of the things we've done in Nassau.

Can you tell me about your Segway tour? Did you do the Segway beach or gardens tour? I don't know that my sons (21, 18, and 15) would really enjoy the gardens. Do you remember who you booked this excursion through and would you recommend them?

Can you tell me about your Segway tour? Did you do the Segway beach or gardens tour? I don't know that my sons (21, 18, and 15) would really enjoy the gardens. Do you remember who you booked this excursion through and would you recommend them?

We did the Beach tour. Here's the website: http://www.bahamassegwaytours.com/

We would have booked them directly but they were reserved with the cruise line so we just booked through the ship. It was the same price either way - $74. I would definitely recommend them. We had so much fun. They only take smaller groups. There were 8 people in our group.

The Beach tour is about an hour longer than the other tour because you take a van over to the other side of the island. Some people might not like the van ride but we enjoyed it because we got to see more of the island. And the beach was very natural and pretty. There are no bathrooms at the site so if you need to go, just ask the driver. She stopped for a potty break on the way there and a beer break on the way back to the ship.

I would be careful when choosing a Segway tour on Nassau. Other cruise ship passengers were robbed at gunpoint while on a Segway tour. May want to look into the details of the incident & the one you're looking to book.

That being said, Segway tours are a lot of fun- as long as it's in a safe place!

Suzy

Archived