Changing a guest after booking? Possible?

kbatschke

I checked Carnival's web site and saw no reference to making guest changes after booking. Does Carnival allow this?

We are planning to take one of our sons (18yr) with us next September. If there became a conflict of some sort, it would be nice to know if we could, with some advance notice of course, take someone else in his place. I don't mind some reasonable penalty for their paperwork, but would hate to forfeit a ticket. The most likely conflict would be work related and not generally covered under travelers insurance.

Thanks,

Karl

Sure, you can do that.:) If the name change occurs prior to final payment, there is no charge. If after final payment, there will be a $50 charge.

Now, keep in mind that this is when booking w/a Carnival PVP. I don't know what outside agencies' policies would be.

Only problem I see if you booked a certain cabin that only holds 2 people and want to add another person the triple rooms may not be available- May I suggest you add him now and take him off before final payment is due if he cant go.

I remember reading on several threads that if a Carnival cruise sells out or is overbooked, they were not allowing ANY name changes at a certain point - could be after final payment or even before final payment. So, there could be some risk there.

Archived