Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Does anyone know for sure, without assuming, whether Bacardi is on the classic list?

here how the package work if you buy a classic package all cocktail price from $8 below included in the classic

example

grey goose is a premium but it only cost 7.5 its still included if you have a grey goose and tonic

only big martini is not included on the premium package

but any spirit that will cost $8 below it will be coverd so drink 10 small grey goose martini on the classic package

for beers some imported are not included on the classic but all domestic is

for water evian and pellegrino are not included only spring water but some bartender dont know that

So sorry. I guess my information came regarding when one buys the package before leaving. I bought for an upcoming cruise and was not charged any tax. I guess if you buy on the ship while still in port (Florida) then Florida tax is added. We are leaving out of Puerto Rico and no tax was added when purchased ahead of the cruise.

it was a mistake you are not supposed to be charge tax but the server dont know that maybe he or she is new celebrity has a lot of new employee specially at the bev dept if you buy the package on line there is no tax but they will charge you the 15% grat. if you buy it on board they will charge you the next day so their will be no tax and you pay the same amount as the one who buy it on line its automatic for the computer to charge you tax if you are in some states

If I buy a beer, will it always be opened? I like to have a few in my fridge. I will not hoard them, but may want to take one back to my room for when I'm getting ready at night. So maybe if I get one on my way back to my room every time I go back I have 1 or 2 in the fridge.

Just off the Millennium for a 7 day in Alaska. We purchased the premium drink package. I loved it. In 7 days, i had 88 drinks that were on the final bill. It was well worth it. I would run to cafe cove first thing in the am in sweats and a t shirt, and grab a latte. I would grab a large water for the excursions, wine in the afternoon and drinks at night. It was great to order different drinks that I normally would not try since I didn't have to worry about the final bill. I only felt any attitude from the server at dinner. He just didn't seem to want to get me a second glass of wine. I learned to swing by the bar on the way into dinner, that way I had a glass and could order a second one at dinner.

Thanks for your great info on the drinks package ,loved that you manahed to get through 88 drinks :D,I cant wait to count mine lol. Would love to see any pics and hear any tips you have about youe trip

Cheers Diane

DH and I just got off the Equinox this past Friday after a wonderful 11 night cruise. We are both retirees so not as young as many of you so maybe our imbibing was more limited. However, we do enjoy a cocktail or two or three while cruising. Our final bar tab for 11 days turned out to be $610. This included an afternoon cocktail, pre dinner drink, two glasses of wine with dinner and an apertif just about each evening. Needless to say, we are glad that we did not purchase a beverage plan as we would have lost alot of money. It was easy to bring your onboard account up on the TV screen so each day I just threw the bar receipts away.

Hi Ruth Ann

Hope you see this..I was on the Celebrity board and saw your name..I would email you, but I have a new op system and I lost my contact list.

We need to catch up..I have the same email address

Love to hear from you,

Sally

Just got off an 11 night Celebrity Ultimate Caribbean cruise and took the Premium package which meant that I had to spend $49 per day to break even.

Very easy, just wander into the mixicologist's bar on deck 5 where each cocktail is $12 then a couple of Pinot with dinner $11.5 each then into Michael,s Club for a couple of Malts before retiring and its easily done.

Another alternative is to drink in the Martini bar where you can have Chocolatini's or Appletini's or best of all Belini's for your $12 dollar max

The security of being able to drink whatever and whenever one wants is worth the cost.

When the cruise is over you get a bill with lots and lots of naughts on.

Ours was 6 pages long. 6 pages og no charges.

Buy the best and enjoy the best.

Read through a few pages but haven't seen these questions answered (I apologize if I missed it)... Sailing on the 10 day Infinity in May to Alaska.

1. If I buy the Classic package now (pre-cruise), however after a day or two of it I find it isn't enough, can I upgrade to the Premium package for the rest of the cruise? And would it be pro-rated?

2. Also sorry but am still at sea about the tax situation... If I buy now, will I be charged tax (I am in Canada)?

3. If I waited and bought on board - after we have sailed - would I be charged tax AND

would the price change when I bought onboard as opposed to pre-buying?

Thanks everyone!

here how the package work if you buy a classic package all cocktail price from $8 below included in the classic

example

grey goose is a premium but it only cost 7.5 its still included if you have a grey goose and tonic

only big martini is not included on the premium package

but any spirit that will cost $8 below it will be coverd so drink 10 small grey goose martini on the classic package

for beers some imported are not included on the classic but all domestic is

for water evian and pellegrino are not included only spring water but some bartender dont know that

Are you saying that Evian and Pellegrino cost more than $8 a bottle?

Can you ask for a double shot?

Sometimes the drinks are so weak you can barely taste the booze. :rolleyes:

The drinks did not seem weak to me' date=' but if you have the premium package to can get doubles.

DH and I just got off the Equinox this past Friday after a wonderful 11 night cruise. We are both retirees so not as young as many of you so maybe our imbibing was more limited. However, we do enjoy a cocktail or two or three while cruising. Our final bar tab for 11 days turned out to be $610. This included an afternoon cocktail, pre dinner drink, two glasses of wine with dinner and an apertif just about each evening. Needless to say, we are glad that we did not purchase a beverage plan as we would have lost alot of money. It was easy to bring your onboard account up on the TV screen so each day I just threw the bar receipts away.

Five drinks a day per person for 11 days would be 110 drinks without any OJ, speciality coffees, regular soda, or bottled water. I suspect you drank less expensive wines and/or were able to take advantage of some of the drink specials in order to average $5.XX per drink with tip. Good for you. Based on your needs the drink packages are not a good value.

My final bill with the package did not list the actual drinks with the price, but it did show the scans and locations for all our drinks.

Are you saying that Evian and Pellegrino cost more than $8 a bottle?

Hi,

Evian and Pellegrino are not include in classic packages. The $8 limit in classic packages refers to Spirits, Wines & Cocktails.

See following extract from Celebrity site

Premium & Classic Packages

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola® can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

$14.95 per guest, per day

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of Non-Alcoholic beverages on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

$18.40 per guest, per day

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

$44.85 per guest, per day

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

$56.35 per guest, per day

Jim

If you have a beverage package can you get a bucket of beer or are you limited to getting them one at a time?

You can only get one at a time. If both you and your wife have the package and you take both cards, they will give you one on each card. My wife & I would go to lunch and on the way back to the cabin we'd get a beer on each card and later we'd each get a Coke for her to have in the cabin. Just ask the ba:rtender to not open them when you order and then you can have them for later in your room.:D:D

You can only get one at a time. If both you and your wife have the package and you take both cards, they will give you one on each card. My wife & I would go to lunch and on the way back to the cabin we'd get a beer on each card and later we'd each get a Coke for her to have in the cabin. Just ask the ba:rtender to not open them when you order and then you can have them for later in your room.:D:D

I think that I have read everything on Celebrity's website. I can't seem to find where it mentions only one drink at a time.