Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Not sure whether it would or not... are you able to upload it? Perhaps, if it is easier, you may want to email it to me directly... Not sure which is easier. However, I'm sure some others might like to see it too.

Catherine, e-mail sent, unable to attach here as file is 3Mb.

Does anyone have a link or photo of the current - latest - wine list? I am sailing on Monday and was planning on the Classic but perhaps that won't be good enough... Please help!

I have a copy of several recent wine lists:

This list is similar to the MDR lists from the Eclipse below and hasn’t changed much in terms of general selection or prices from the

The above wine list is missing a page of red wines, see following two lists which duplicate many of the wines on the list

The “Rare Wines” section of this menu is not shown here but was identical to that section of the Tuscan Grill Wine List below

The biggest variations I've noticed on sailings are which wines are available by the glass, and which are included in the wine packages. The Wine Package options are on the last page of the Constellation wine list above. To me the wine packages seem to offer a small discount in exchange for limiting ones self to a small selection of wines within a similar price range. If this fits your style that is fine but we prefer the wide variety of the entire bottled wine list so the packages don't work for us - similar thinking on the alcoholic beverage packages as the by the glass list is just too limiting. We might enjoy several different inexpensive wines for a few nights and some nicer wines on other nights. Also, we tend to stick to white wines so we don't need to be able to switch varieties between courses.

Having just returned from Eclipse 4 Night Southampton - Cork -Southampton, I can report as follows. New prices have been introduced which include the gratuity (as previously expected). The premium package price limit per drink was $13.75 . The price of a cocktail at the Molecular bar was $13.75 (So, technically, the cocktail price reduced !) The price limit on the Classic package was $5.75 for the miscellany of smoothies, coffees, teas, beers etc. The limit for wine by the glass, cocktails and spirits was $9.25. The daily package price was $56.35 per day and $44.85 respectively.

I am afraid I am unsure as to whether or not the new pricing was for 'out of Southampton' sailings only or for all Celebrity European sailings.

Edited by roygg

Comparing the wines available on two NCL cruises, X offers wines that are more expensive. NCL generally offers more choices at the lower end of the cost spectrum. I can appreciate a great bottle of wine, but am quite happy with table wine and not paying $100 a bottle. Still, X offers enough wines in the lower cost range, as long as they don't run out.

Having just returned from Eclipse 4 Night Southampton - Cork -Southampton, I can report as follows. New prices have been introduced which include the gratuity (as previously expected). The premium package price limit per drink was $13.75 . The price of a cocktail at the Molecular bar was $13.75 (So, technically, the cocktail price reduced !) The price limit on the Classic package was $5.75 for the miscellany of smoothies, coffees, teas, beers etc. The limit for wine by the glass, cocktails and spirits was $9.25. The daily package price was $56.35 per day and $44.85 respectively.

I am afraid I am unsure as to whether or not the new pricing was for 'out of Southampton' sailings only or for all Celebrity European sailings.

We are on the Constellation leaving Barcelona November 20, and that is the same price we paid for the premium package (49.00 x the 15%). But it shows our limit is 12.00 and not 13.75. I wonder if this is going to catch up to us??

The last time I sailed on Celebrity, I'm not sure wine had been invented. We have spent the last few years cruising on Royal and they have considerably more limitations on beverages.

We are booked on the Millennium going through the canal of next year. I'm trying to determine the value of various wine packages. I must confess I have not searched through every page of this thread however I am wondering if someone has a listing of not only which wines are available in the various packages (Captain's and Sommelier's) but the cost of the bottles per package vs. individual purchase.

Also, I did find the webpage listing the different types of packages but they say "starting at $129" or "$99". I assume this starting price has to do with the number of bottles in the package but there is no further information. Can someone who has recently purchased a wine package indicate the number of bottles in the various packages and the respective costs?

Finally, please indicate whether the costs require the addition of a 15% gratuity.

Thank you for any help.

We have justed booked our first cruise on the Eclipse, can someone please advise if we don't do a drinks package what drinks do we get free, and are they available all day in all restaurants/bars etc.

My partner drinks more than me so would he be able to do the premium package and I do the classic or none alcholic.

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere in the 50+ pages.

Many thanks.:)

I read somewhere that you can purchase a drink package even when your halfway thru your cruise, is this true? Do they pro-rate it? I'm not sure where I read it and don't want to re-read all the postings so does anyone here know?

It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage.

Thank you so much for the information. This is our first Celebrity cruise so these packages are new to me.

Patty

Hi everyone,

Boy, was there ever a lot of information to read through :) I think I managed to get through most of it but still have a question about smoothies and the Premium non-alcoholic package.

Where exactly are these smoothies located for purchase? Are they from a bar area? I'll be on the Infinity next weekend and love the idea of this package, especially since my hubby is addicted to smoothies. I like the frou-frou non-alcoholic frozen drinks so this sounds perfect :)

TIA!

Caroline in Toronto

The last time I sailed on Celebrity, I'm not sure wine had been invented. We have spent the last few years cruising on Royal and they have considerably more limitations on beverages.

We are booked on the Millennium going through the canal of next year. I'm trying to determine the value of various wine packages. I must confess I have not searched through every page of this thread however I am wondering if someone has a listing of not only which wines are available in the various packages (Captain's and Sommelier's) but the cost of the bottles per package vs. individual purchase.

Also, I did find the webpage listing the different types of packages but they say "starting at $129" or "$99". I assume this starting price has to do with the number of bottles in the package but there is no further information. Can someone who has recently purchased a wine package indicate the number of bottles in the various packages and the respective costs?

Finally, please indicate whether the costs require the addition of a 15% gratuity.

Thank you for any help.

If you start the procrss to buy the packages it will show you waht is included. The $129 and $99 are for 3 bottles each but for different qualities of wine. You can purchase up to 7 bottles (which is $299 for the higher priced group) ... the higher priced group (ie the $129 base) is supposed to be 10% off their list prices and the lower priced group is supposed to be 5% lower than the list price. And yes they do add the 15% gratuity on top. You cannot have the bottles sent to your room as part of room service. Hope this helps. Cheers JT

If you start the procrss to buy the packages it will show you waht is included. The $129 and $99 are for 3 bottles each but for different qualities of wine. You can purchase up to 7 bottles (which is $299 for the higher priced group) ... the higher priced group (ie the $129 base) is supposed to be 10% off their list prices and the lower priced group is supposed to be 5% lower than the list price. And yes they do add the 15% gratuity on top. You cannot have the bottles sent to your room as part of room service. Hope this helps. Cheers JT

Many thanks. That is a big help.

So it is $129 for 3 bottles and $299 for 7 in the higher priced group or about $43 per bottle plus 15%. Now I need to see a wine list to see if I would order bottles that are more than $43. If not, the package doesn't make sense.

At present, I can't acccess the page that allows for the purchase of a wine package. I can view the options, but can't purchase. Probably too far in advance.

I am interested in buying the premium non-alcohol package. I understand the items in the cabin fridge are not included. Would we be able to drink something from the fridge and replace it later to avoid being charged ?

So it is $129 for 3 bottles and $299 for 7 in the higher priced group or about $43 per bottle plus 15%. Now I need to see a wine list to see if I would order bottles that are more than $43. If not, the package doesn't make sense.

At present, I can't acccess the page that allows for the purchase of a wine package. I can view the options, but can't purchase. Probably too far in advance.

This is what shows on the list I have for these packages

On one of the threads someone has listed the prices of wines .... from what I can tell they are from about $30 and up

SOMMELIER PACKAGE

Sparkling Wines

Prosecco, Fantinel

White Wines

Riesling, Essence SA Prum Germany

Chardonnay, Wente, Riva Ranch, Livermore Valley

Gruner Veltliner Strasslertaler, Austria

Pinot Grigio, Bertani, Italy

Fume Blanc, Murphy Goode, Sonoma

Rose Wines

Jean Luc Colombo

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Mark West Sonoma

Zinfandel, Renwood Red Label

Merlot, Calina, Chile

Tempranillo, Condesa de Leganza, Spain

Cabernet Sauvignon, Hayes Ranch,Livermore Valley

CAPTAINS PACKAGE (129 for 3 bottles)

Sparkling Wines

Taittinger, Domaine Carneros

White Wines

Chardonnay, Cambria Katherine Vineyard, Santa Barbara

Albarino Paco and Lola, Spain

Pinot Gris, Kim Crawford, New Zealand

Pinot Grigio, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Chateau Ste. Michelle Horse Heaven

Gewurtzraminer, Leon Beyer, Alsace

Red Wines

Cabernet Sauvignon, Murphy Goode, Alexander Valley

Pinot Noir, Byron, Santa Maria

Syrah, Kinton, Santa Maria Valley, California

Chateau Castera Medoc, France

Zeta Z Priorat

Merlot, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel, Italy

Tenuta Arceno Prima Voce, Tuscany

Edited by tate5622

Look at my pot above (poste #1002) and follow the link to the constellation wine list. It has the bottles priced and the last page show the package selections available for the cruise.

I am interested in buying the premium non-alcohol package. I understand the items in the cabin fridge are not included. Would we be able to drink something from the fridge and replace it later to avoid being charged ?

As far as I know, if you use something from the cabin fridge, you will be charged for it.

Look at my pot above (poste #1002) and follow the link to the constellation wine list. It has the bottles priced and the last page show the package selections available for the cruise.

Copied both of them and saved them to the computer. I'll have to compare the available selections on the wine list with the price list and then consider what I would drink. Lots of work, but I have a year. ;)

Thanks for your help. :D

Hi everyone,

Boy, was there ever a lot of information to read through :) I think I managed to get through most of it but still have a question about smoothies and the Premium non-alcoholic package.

Where exactly are these smoothies located for purchase? Are they from a bar area? I'll be on the Infinity next weekend and love the idea of this package, especially since my hubby is addicted to smoothies. I like the frou-frou non-alcoholic frozen drinks so this sounds perfect :)

TIA!

Caroline in Toronto

The only place I saw smoothies being prepared was at the bar in the buffet area. This bar is open around 7 am most mornings and remains open all day. Most of the other bars do not open until later. They always had fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice available and had fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas and other fruits with which to prepare the smoothies. I personally don't drink them but did see several being prepared each day and they customized them according to individual tastes. There may be smoothies available elsewhere on the ship, but the ones at the buffet bar looked wonderful.