Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

This is my first time on this site... and i am extremely confused,,, and after about 3 days of looking for my answer i hope someone can help me in easy words..

My husband and I will be going on the Milleium in Nov 19 days... and i am looking at getting the premium drinks package.. What does this intitle me to... Eg how many drinks per day can i buy a glass of wine and a water at the same time, can i get a bottle wine to take back to our room....i am confused,,,,

thanks inadvance .

This is my first time on this site... and i am extremely confused,,, and after about 3 days of looking for my answer i hope someone can help me in easy words..

My husband and I will be going on the Milleium in Nov 19 days... and i am looking at getting the premium drinks package.. What does this intitle me to... Eg how many drinks per day can i buy a glass of wine and a water at the same time, can i get a bottle wine to take back to our room....i am confused,,,,

thanks inadvance .

For the Premuim Drink package, you have access to their entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving. You also get everything that's in the Premium Non-Alcoholic package which include all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

It's unlimited in regards to how many, but you can only order one at a time.

No, wine is only by the glass, you can not have a bottle with this package. They do have wine packages but they aren't included in the sale.

Susan :)

Edited by AkSusan

Thanks AK Susan .so i gather the price quoted is for the whole 19 days.. and it changes for different cruise lenghts.

Yes, it does.

Before the sale and then again on February 1st, it is $54 + 15% for $62.10 a day and with the sale it's $48.6 + 15% for $55.89 per day. So take your days and time it by the $55.89 and that's what your price should be.

So yours would be $1061.91 for your 19 days and say someone that is taking a 15 day it would be $838.35 and for a 7 day $391.23.

Susan :)

Just back from the Eclipse and for the Premium drinks package, it was one cocktail per card at a time, but you could drink one after the other if you wished or dared!

In the MDR our wine waiter ensured after he got our taste in wine he had a full different bottle on the table each night before we sat down (2 of us). He then explained his rules that was basically he would always leave a bottle for us and replace it as soon as we finished it. In fact I asked a glass of white one night and again the bottle was left in the cooler, so we had 2 bottles at a time.

We drank a lot at the molecular bar and the waiter is very cool there. He always ensured that we had a cocktail and if we sat down away from the bar came across right away. Its the same in the coffee lounge.

Never did we have anything other than outstanding service with the package. In fact we came to the conclusion that the waiters got 15% per drink to them directly and the more we drank the more they earned, so keen they were to serve us.

One important point on the premium package, is the quality of drinks. From the UK on an all inclusive we are used to either local drinks or a one or two brands, on the Eclipse its top notch stuff - Grey Goose, 12 year old whiskeys, aged Bacardi etc

Bottom line is as long as you want to drink fresh juice and coffee in the morning, and then enjoy a few cocktails in the afternoon, wine and then a scotch or other digestive after dinner it simply can't be beaten. You will have a sore head though!

Hi Mutleytex. Two packages, sure you couldn't get away with 1 between 2. One thing I didn't mention is you can have bottled water at the same time as ordering a drink. We always ensured that we had two in the fridge back in the room and that stopped us having to use the one they charge for.

As for prices, well its certainly not a rip off, as it would be in The UK or France. Try skiing in France and paying $15 for a small beer!

The prices range from (and from memory here) about $6 for a basic up to 100's for a special whiskey. Cocktails are from 8 to 12. The measures are also large

Of course the very best thing about the package is that you don't have to worry about the price!!

As for juice and coffee, the machine in the buffet was far too much like liquid sugar for my taste and in the Cafe they also have a fantastic range of special teas, if that what you want

lovestx Never went in Blu (used our extra cash on the drinks package). What I can comment from the MDR is the guy on the next table had the Classic same waiter but the bottle was never left. His wife was not drinking though. However, he never waited for a drink.

I suppose it depends on the waiters but I feel sure that if the concern is that because you have a package they will slow down the service, I can only say that for us the service was almost too fast and we like a drink!

I recall from the wine list that there were much fewer wines available on the Classic than Premium

After reading many pages about the beverage packages, I still could not find out if you can order wines in Murano and other specialty restaurants from the premium beverage package. Also, is there a different wine list for the packages?:confused:

We were just on the Eclipse and my DH had the premium package. He was able to order wines in Murano and all other specialty restaurants, the MDR and Bistro on Five without exception. There is no different list. Any wine that can be ordered anywhere on the ship by the glass can be ordered. If the price is over $12 per glass you will be charged the price difference only plus the service charge on the difference only. The ONLY exception to this is in Cellar Masters for the enomatic wine dispensers. For those wines you must purchase a special card that you swipe for the dispensed wines only.

There is no corkage for bottles of wine purchased through Celebrity no matter how they are purchased (gifts, packages, etc.) Wine ordered as a gift through Celebrity can be taken, or sent, to the dining room if you'd prefer to enjoy it there - your cabin steward will take care of it for you if you give it to him earlier in the day or you can take it with you or drop it off.

Simon............... your capacity for patience is unlimited............we have a saying here in the U.K about ' heads and brick walls' all I can say is your wall must have more dents than bricks :eek: lol

Please do you have a price (in your fount of knowledge)

for corkage charges in the speciality restaurants. We hope to take 2x Champagne on board (for a special event) rather than pay Celebrity prices....very grateful for all your helpful replies.

Reagrds ............H

Simon............... your capacity for patience is unlimited............we have a saying here in the U.K about ' heads and brick walls' all I can say is your wall must have more dents than bricks :eek: lol

Please do you have a price (in your fount of knowledge)

for corkage charges in the speciality restaurants. We hope to take 2x Champagne on board (for a special event) rather than pay Celebrity prices....very grateful for all your helpful replies.

Reagrds ............H

TO HASSOP,

Lol, Yes LSIMON (Larry) has a HUGE CAPACITY for patience ... and he is a wealth of knowledge... he was a god-send to me when I planned our cruise (he has some great stuff linked in his Signature Block here on CC that gives a ton of valuable info to those of us who LOVE to Eat & Drink... check it out)

The 2012 Corkage Fee is $ 25 per bottle, no matter what venue on the Ship one takes the bottle to (a wine bottle that one brought aboard on Embarkation Day)

BTW, I am fresh off the Solstice (January 15th Sailing) and there is a NEW Fleet Wide Wine List that has just come into effect (Celebrity's 2012 Wine List) I am in the midst of transcribing it (it is very very long)... and will be posting it on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD shortly... look for it... it has a ton of great info for Wine Lovers... and lists info as well on what Wines are available by the Glass, and what they cost per pour... very helpful for anyone considering the Alcoholic Beverage Packages.

Happy sailing !!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

TO HASSOP,

Lol, Yes LSIMON (Larry) has a HUGE CAPACITY for patience ... and he is a wealth of knowledge... he was a god-send to me when I planned our cruise (he has some great stuff linked in his Signature Block here on CC that gives a ton of valuable info to those of us who LOVE to Eat & Drink... check it out)

The 2012 Corkage Fee is $ 25 per bottle, no matter what venue on the Ship one takes the bottle to (a wine bottle that one brought aboard on Embarkation Day)

BTW, I am fresh off the Solstice (January 15th Sailing) and there is a NEW Fleet Wide Wine List that has just come into effect (Celebrity's 2012 Wine List) I am in the midst of transcribing it (it is very very long)... and will be posting it on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD shortly... look for it... it has a ton of great info for Wine Lovers... and lists info as well on what Wines are available by the Glass, and what they cost per pour... very helpful for anyone considering the Alcoholic Beverage Packages.

Happy sailing !!

Cheers!

Been following your posts with interest............ and waiting for you to complete your long task. Have already ordered one or two bottles but will be interested to see the recent listings; have decided against the packages for us.

Re -the Champagne even paying corkage it will be cheaper to carry on:D

Can someone who has had the CLASSIC alcohol beverage package tell me if they were able to get Espressos, Lattes and Cappuccinos on that package?

Seems to be conflicting information out there and we would like to purchase the package today before the sale ends.

Thank you!

We've just come off of a 10 day Princess cruise and we drank pretty much everything we wanted (granted we took 5 bottles of wine on board with us, but only drank 3), and when we got home we went over our statement to add up our total bar charges. We bought one of the coffee cards for $29 and were allowed to share it (if we had 2 specialty coffees they just punched 2 holes) and there was no charge for the regular brewed coffee). With that being said, when we totalled it all up, we were still way below what the drink packages would be. We are on the Eclipse next January, so we've definitely decided to see what we drink for the first couple of days and then decide if a package is worth it for us, which at this point it doesn't seem to be.

Sloop-JohnB,

Will very much enjoy seeing the 2012 wine list...we are sailing on the Constellation on 2/11 and got the premium drink package and will be interested to see the wine by the glass! Are you going to start a new post with 2012 wine list or something such as this?

Thanks,

Tammy

I was on the celebrity Milli to Alaska this past June, and they had a drink called I believe smoke and ginger. It included ginger beer, I have not been able to find it since, does anyone have info on the correct name and how it is made.

Sloop-JohnB,

Will very much enjoy seeing the 2012 wine list...we are sailing on the Constellation on 2/11 and got the premium drink package and will be interested to see the wine by the glass! Are you going to start a new post with 2012 wine list or something such as this?

Thanks,

Tammy

Yes - please start a new thread! Thanks so much!!

Sloop-JohnB,

Thanks,

Tammy

On our last cruise the first night the wine menu seemed to be normal in size with a good enough choice of wines by the glass but not huge. Then came the second night, I believe the wine list grew over night. It was huge. The menu folder that it came in wouldn't close all the way. The number of wines by the glass also probably tripled in size, if not more. Also after we found a wine that both my husband and I liked, the Sommelier would just leave the bottle on the table for us to enjoy. We did have the premium package. Our son likes Sparkling wine, though the didn't leave that bottle on the table because it needed to be chilled, his glass was never empty. One night they ran out of the brand he was drinking and brought out a more expensive one that was not by the glass for him to drink. Kim

Have been in on "My Celibrity" to check the normal price of the premium package. If I compare the price today with what I payed during the 10 % discount (the 15 % tip included) I have got a 3,7 % discount. Not the 10 %!

What is happening?

Have been in on "My Celibrity" to check the normal price of the premium package. If I compare the price today with what I payed during the 10 % discount (the 15 % tip included) I have got a 3,7 % discount. Not the 10 %!

What is happening?

The 10% off special runs through today. Comparing today's price should match what you paid previously with the 10% special. It works for me so not sure where you are looking or what you are comparing.

The 10% off special runs through today. Comparing today's price should match what you paid previously with the 10% special. It works for me so not sure where you are looking or what you are comparing.

The price today isn't what I payed during the offer either... It's higher... I also have heard that the 30/1 was the last day of the offer.

I really wish they would change that policy. I also like to have a drink while dressing for dinner and would love to get it from room service rather than running to a bar. Same with breakfast mimosas on my balcony.

Also, if I am in my room for a few hours I would like to have a couple of drinks. They won't let me order two and bring them back, I have to drink one then go back to the bar for another. We are in the aft on deck 11 and I will bet it will be quite a walk to the closest bar.

you can get one drink at bar #1 on way to room. Stop at bar #2 and get another. stop at bar #3 and get a third. etc. you can bring back as many as you can hold! You just can't get 2 drinks at the same time in the same transaction.

Can someone who has had the CLASSIC alcohol beverage package tell me if they were able to get Espressos, Lattes and Cappuccinos on that package?

Seems to be conflicting information out there and we would like to purchase the package today before the sale ends.

Thank you!

YES! I had the CLASSIC alcohol package and was able to get all of those premium coffees. I had 2 skinny-lattes every morning!