Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I just called X and the agent I spoke with gave me all the quotes for the beverage packages but I want to clear it w/ my husband so did not go ahead and give credit card info yet. The savings is significant and worth a call. Website states it is on until January 30, 2012.

I was just about to buy 2 packages when I saw the fine print: "Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service."

These do not include drinks ordered with Room Service? Without that, I can't see it being worth it.

I went in to "My Celibrity" wanting to buy the premium package as it's 10% off. When I have gone so far that I shall pay the prize is still the same normal prize, no 10 % is withdrawn. How come? I don't want to accept the buy at the normal wrong prize. How does it work? If I accept the normal prize (as it shows) they will charge me that and not the lower prize.

Anybody knows anything? I might add that I have to go trough the US site because the .no site doesn't handle "My Celibrity"

Hi,

How far did you go in the booking process. Try going through the process until you reach the page requesting credit card details. This page will show the price that you will be charged. If it is correct you can proceed but if not you can back out of the transaction.

Jim

I was just about to buy 2 packages when I saw the fine print: "Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service."

These do not include drinks ordered with Room Service? Without that, I can't see it being worth it.

Hi,

If you want to drink in your stateroom, you can fetch drinks from a bar and bring them back to your room.

Jim

When I went in to order my package I too was looking for an area that showed where the discount was....but after being puzzeled the light bulb went on....the prices that were listed included the 10% discount as well as the 15% service charge....

Also keep in mind that if you change your mind after ordering you should be able to "cancel". But you have to do so before departure day (or somewhere around that)

Hi,

How far did you go in the booking process. Try going through the process until you reach the page requesting credit card details. This page will show the price that you will be charged. If it is correct you can proceed but if not you can back out of the transaction.

Jim

Hi, I went all the way to the page where I pay. Just have to fill in the credit card details. But the sum was the normal one, no 10 % off.... :mad:

It seams that X have problems (as always) with their website. Or maybee they wan't to decieve you of the prize, thinking of how difficult it is to find info of the 10% off. It's only thanks to this board I found out about it.:)

If I hadn't had knowledge of the 10% off I had payed the sum and they would have sold me two packages for the normal prize ragardless the offer. It feels a bit......strange....

I agree about the room service restriction. I don't understand it. If one orders a beverage from his/her package for room service it will be charged full price, what, on a separate bill? The room service is complimentary, is it not?

I can understand about gift shops because they are often operating their own business and the mini-bar bottles are quite expensive to keep replacing them for part of the beverage package.

I also asked if the 10% applied to the room set up that can be ordered and no, it cannot. The thing is, maybe I will call today and get another answer!!

We cruise once or twice a year and for the past several years have sailed with Disney (before they were 15 and 16) and Oceania when it is just my husband and I. According the the website for O they have implemented a beverage package, premium, for $49 p/day and that includes room service orders.

More fine tuning from the cruise lines to attract the buyer.

Bottom line, we are so happy to be able to take this Celebrity cruise and know we will have a special time with our grandsons. So what's a couple of hundred dollars compared to the overall cost of the trip? (Yes, I could spend that at the spa :D )

I agree about the room service restriction. I don't understand it. If one orders a beverage from his/her package for room service it will be charged full price, what, on a separate bill? The room service is complimentary, is it not?

Beverages served via room service (or taken from a "mini-bar") can be drunk by ANYONE who happens to be in a stateroom, without even a semblance of "supervision" by the cruise line. There could be four people residing in a stateroom -- and even some guests too ... and there would be no way for "X" to know if the person(s) who purchased the package(s) are the ones doing the drinking. Therefore, room-service and mini-bar beverages are charged separately. It really does make sense, once one thinks it through.

I am quite sure this has be discussed and discussed, but what are premium coffees in the non alcoholic package. Are those the ones you get in the coffee bar? My DH likes the teas they have.

All nonalcoholic drinks they serve at Cafe al Bacio are included. I think the herbal teas are $4 if you are paying.

Edited by librarylady19

Hi, I went all the way to the page where I pay. Just have to fill in the credit card details. But the sum was the normal one, no 10 % off.... :mad:

It seams that X have problems (as always) with their website. Or maybee they wan't to decieve you of the prize, thinking of how difficult it is to find info of the 10% off. It's only thanks to this board I found out about it.:)

If I hadn't had knowledge of the 10% off I had payed the sum and they would have sold me two packages for the normal prize ragardless the offer. It feels a bit......strange....

Hi,

My understanding is that the total cost is the 10% (or for some packages, 15%) off the regular retail price that you will pay on board buying one bottle at a time. So it's not a 'sale' but rather a discount built into the package price. That's how it's always worked when we have bought the packages. It's hard to tell, especially with the wine, if you are really saving the 10% or 15% because the regular wine list and the package deal don't have the same wines shown in many cases. I could be wrong; it's been a while (a while since we were on X, not a while since I was wrong. That happens daily... ;)

Hi,

My understanding is that the total cost is the 10% (or for some packages, 15%) off the regular retail price that you will pay on board buying one bottle at a time. So it's not a 'sale' but rather a discount built into the package price. That's how it's always worked when we have bought the packages. It's hard to tell, especially with the wine, if you are really saving the 10% or 15% because the regular wine list and the package deal don't have the same wines shown in many cases. I could be wrong; it's been a while (a while since we were on X, not a while since I was wrong. That happens daily... ;)

What people were talking about isn't a standard discount inherant in the packages, it is a special that Celebrity is running now through January 30 for 10% off any of the normal price of the unlimited beverage packages:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?ICID=CEL_12Q1_Beverage_Package&pagename=beverage_package_promotion

It does not apply to the stateroom bar setups nor the wine bottle packages and it is good for any cruise through the end of the year but must be purchased online by January 30.

If you purchase a bottle of wine in the dining room or bar, can you take any remaining portion of the bottle back to your cabin? We are contemplating the wine package versus the premium beverage package.

Yes - Your wine steward will cork any leftover wine and hold it for the next night or they can also send it to a specialty restaurant for the next night (or the specialty restaurant can retrieve it) or send it to your stateroom for you to finish up. I've also heard of people having it send to one of the lounges to finish. They are very flexible on things like this and will do all they can to give you good service while encouraging your beverage purchases.

Hi,

My understanding is that the total cost is the 10% (or for some packages, 15%) off the regular retail price that you will pay on board buying one bottle at a time.

No, I'm sorry it's a special offer just now. The 15 % tip is for sure added but not the 10% off. I start to feel cheated.

We've purchased beverage pkgs for our cruise in May (on sale, yeah !!). We'll be eating breakfast most mornings in the buffet restaurant -- are cappuccinos available there? Also, how do you obtain the fresh squeezed juices? Is there a separate station in the buffet? This is our first Celebrity cruise and have no experience with this type of package...never available on our other cruises. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

We've purchased beverage pkgs for our cruise in May (on sale, yeah !!). We'll be eating breakfast most mornings in the buffet restaurant -- are cappuccinos available there? Also, how do you obtain the fresh squeezed juices? Is there a separate station in the buffet? This is our first Celebrity cruise and have no experience with this type of package...never available on our other cruises. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Hello, "BTraveling47."

There will be at least one bar in or near the buffet restaurant. Definitely on S-class ships (and perhaps on M-class too), you can get freshly squeezed juice at the bar(s). At the bar(s) on S-class ships, you can also get small cans of (delicious) clamato juice, Bloody Marys, cold bottles of flavored teas, energy drinks, smoothies, etc.. We doubt that you will be disappointed. Then, if you stroll over to the AquaSpa Cafe, you can obtain a few exotic squeezed juices that are not available at the buffet.

Edited by jg51

The 3, 5, or 7 bottle wine packages are always 10% off. Is that not correct? Thought that was the point of the package. There is no "Jan. 30th deadline discount" on the wine package or in room bar setup. Correct?

Thanks.

Hi,

This is not strictly true. Your actual saving will depend on your choice of wine. The classic package starts at $99 + 15%. The price of individual bottles range from around $28 to around $40.

The packages in theory could save you more if you chose your wines carefully.

I have been looking at the current list of wines being offered for the packages. A large number of the wines have not previously appeared on MDR list.

The wine lists published on this thread now appear to be out of date. Is there a 2012 wine list available?

Jim

Call me dense because it's probably been posted....but where abouts (on the Millenium) can you use the premium non-alcohol package? I'm mainly interested in the specialty coffees? I'm hoping there'll be available in other places besides that cafe.

Call me dense because it's probably been posted....but where abouts (on the Millenium) can you use the premium non-alcohol package? I'm mainly interested in the specialty coffees? I'm hoping there'll be available in other places besides that cafe.

You can use this any place on the ship where the beverages are sold EXCEPT for room service or the mini bar in your cabin. So it would include every dining area, every bar and lounge, the coffee bar and even the little stand that sells bottled water as you leave the ship. This would be true for the alcholic packages with the additional exception that it does not include the wines in the Enomatic vending machines in Cellarmaster's lounge.