Sea Princess... what do you want to know?

Dani24

I leave Saturday on the Sea Princess to Alaska. I'm happy to help procure answers to questions people may have, while I'm on the ship, and re-post the answers when I return.

In addition to questions about the Sea Princess, we're doing the Bon Voyage Experience so I'm happy to research answers for that too! I'll also bring pack Patters if people are interested in those.

Just let me know by Friday. :)

My question is when you board did you have to see the Matre D for a reservation? We have done that several times On the Golden and one other cruise,cant remember which one but it worked quite well, he put a tag on our room key and we just walked in and was taken to our table. He was situated in one of the rooms on the ship and we stood in line and than was called to his table and we told him what we wanted and he was very happy to help us. Just hope its that way on the Sea, we are going on it in Sept to Mexico from our home port in S.F. Or did you call on the reservation line and ask for a reservation. That has always been a terrible choice as she always say "she cant make a reservation for two."Than we have to go to the room and beg for a table for two.

My question is when you board did you have to see the Matre D for a reservation? We have done that several times On the Golden and one other cruise,cant remember which one but it worked quite well, he put a tag on our room key and we just walked in and was taken to our table. He was situated in one of the rooms on the ship and we stood in line and than was called to his table and we told him what we wanted and he was very happy to help us. Just hope its that way on the Sea, we are going on it in Sept to Mexico from our home port in S.F. Or did you call on the reservation line and ask for a reservation. That has always been a terrible choice as she always say "she cant make a reservation for two."Than we have to go to the room and beg for a table for two.

I should definitely be able to get you some sort of an answer to this. DH and I are doing Anytime Dining, and will be trying to get a table for two. I'll let you know how it goes!

Is there a good place for viewing from the forward part of the ship that is sort of unknown? My past experience in Glacier Bay was that everyone was on Lido deck and it was very crowded.

We were on the Sea Princess in June. I don't know if we could have stood in line and waited to see the Maitre 'D to make a reservation for every night for a table for 2 or any other configuration - we didn't know that was possible! Halfway through the cruise (after experiencing long lines and waits - and we were willing to share a table) we discovered we could make a reservation each day for the Anytime Dining room, and we were only offered 2 choices - 5:30 pm or 8:30 pm, and only for sharing a table with others (which was fine with us).

We assumed the Anytime Dining room could accommodate the passengers who signed up for it, and we discovered that it couldn't (at least not without long waits). I think we might have been on a cruise with glitches or something - there were lots of angry passengers, and lots of long lines, and pagers being handed out. Waits of 45 minutes or more were common. We had Anytime Dining on previous cruises, and didn't have any problems.

I would recommend that you talk to the Maitre "D right away and see what he says.

I should definitely be able to get you some sort of an answer to this. DH and I are doing Anytime Dining, and will be trying to get a table for two. I'll let you know how it goes!

We just got off the Sea Princess on July 21. Good luck with the Anytime Dining. It was non-existent on our cruise! Unless you got there at 5:30, the waits were very long -- and the only time they would let you make reservations was for 5:30 or 8:00 (which sounds like traditional dining?). It was extremely frustrating...and annoying. However, the rest of the cruise was wonderful and we had no other complaints. Glacier Bay was amazing!

For the other poster who wondered if there were any "secret places" - we were on deck 11 and could walk right out the back of the ship. Nobody was ever out there. The Captain spins the ship around very slowly at the glacier so you can see everything from the back too. It does get very crowded on the Lido deck.

Is there a good place for viewing from the forward part of the ship that is sort of unknown? My past experience in Glacier Bay was that everyone was on Lido deck and it was very crowded.

We'll definitely be checking this out too, since we don't have a balcony. From my research, it looks like there are a few areas in the front of the ship that may be open in Glacier Bay. Hopefully I'll be able to confirm this!

If you could get the dining room set up where the tables are located and their numbers. Would be great and thank you.

We leave on the Sea Princess on 9/29.

doriemae @ hotmail . com

Getting the table numbers would probably be really difficult. However, if you look at the deck plan for the ship (on the Princess Website) you can see the layout of the tables. But I'll check and see if the layout on the deck plans is accurate to the actual layout on the ship.

If you could check to see if there is an outside door next to cabin B201 (all the way forward on starboard side) that opens out to the forward Baja Deck - and is it open during day/night?

Thanks and have a great trip!!

Hi Dani,

I spotted your "live aboard the Sea Princess" thread and will keep an eye out as you cruise Alaska! Hope that your cruise is terrific!

I appreciate the local San Francisco information that you offered us on the Alaska thread last month. We look forward to the SF Port area & our cruise on the Sea Princess the 20th of August.

Have a super cruise!

Rod & Claire

Archived