Upsell email

whoohooo

I just got an email with an upsell offer and was curious as to what others thought about the offer. We are sailing on the Legend September 12 and are currently booked in an interior cabin, 6105 I believe. The offer says we can upgrade to an ocean view for $35pp more. Due to early saver I have our interior down to $379pp at the moment. So my question to you folks is, given that we are on deck 6 currently, would a switch to deck one, under the promanade deck be worth it to you for an Ocean view at that price? Just interested in some opinions. Thanks

Not me...I would stay on deck 6! It isn't an issue about the money...I would only take IF they would keep you on a comparable floor. You probably could've purchased an ocean view on deck 1 when you originally booked, for the same price they are asking you to pay now. I doubt you are really getting a "deal". I have had interior rooms and balcony rooms...never an ocean view, so I don't know much about them. Just my opinion!

When we originally booked, Ocean View was pretty close to what it is now. However, if we were to take the upsell we would be paying $230 less than if we booked an ocean view now. I'm pretty sure we are going to take it, only thing up in the air is my wife's mother and sister are going with us and they want to be pretty close to us and since are bookings are linked we can get two ocean views, just gotta wait and see if they can swing it.

I would stay on deck 6 interior...

What is the advantage to Ocean View.

Everytime I have had OV, the window has been covered with

sea spray, and I could not see anything anyways.

Dont go down....if you can go up, go for itl.

We like lower decks, closer to the water.

We love looking out (esp at night) and watching the water.

Its all personal choice.

~we have a cove balcony on the Magic, cant wait to sit out there....being so close to the water is going to be Wonderful!!~

I think OV is not worth it. Interior or balcony unless its an OV moved to a better level (not worse).

Our OV was always fogged on the outside with water/spray/mist. Never could see out of it. Actually, I prefered it not to even be there.

we've cruised in interior, OV and balcony... i would see if they would negotiate a balcony.. but.. the advantage i see with the OV is the natural light, whether the window is fogged/misted whatever.. you'll get some natural light... being in an inside always screwed with my internal clock and without the morning light coming in it was really hard for me to get out of bed.. but thats just me ;) ... whatever you decide enjoy your cruise :)

We are staying in an OV for the first time on our January cruise. We are on Riviera Deck, so I guess the sea spray/foggy stuff reported here will be an issue for us. Is there a particular deck that it does not become an issue??? If so, I wanna have our cabins changed while the prices are still good.

Thanks!!

DJ

We are staying in an OV for the first time on our January cruise. We are on Riviera Deck, so I guess the sea spray/foggy stuff reported here will be an issue for us. Is there a particular deck that it does not become an issue??? If so, I wanna have our cabins changed while the prices are still good.

Thanks!!

DJ

I have stayed in 4 Ocean views on different levels. The last time was on the Riviera. They all seem to have a little sea spray on them but I enjoyed all of them. I would definately take an Ocean view on the Riviera over an inside on a higher deck. I found myself looking out the window quite a bit even if it wasn't that clean! LOL

I have stayed in 4 Ocean views on different levels. The last time was on the Riviera. They all seem to have a little sea spray on them but I enjoyed all of them. I would definately take an Ocean view on the Riviera over an inside on a higher deck. I found myself looking out the window quite a bit even if it wasn't that clean! LOL

Thanks so much for the input! I'm not so worried for myself, but for my parents. My dad had some serious cabin fever issues on our last 7-night cruise (inside cabin). He wants to be able to "see" if he's in his cabin.

Thanks again,

DJ

Thanks!!

DJ

Weve been on Rivera. The fog/spray is not that bad. You can still see your, esp at night, its nice seeing the water that close. It doesnt bother us.

I just got an email with an upsell offer and was curious as to what others thought about the offer. We are sailing on the Legend September 12 and are currently booked in an interior cabin, 6105 I believe. The offer says we can upgrade to an ocean view for $35pp more. Due to early saver I have our interior down to $379pp at the moment. So my question to you folks is, given that we are on deck 6 currently, would a switch to deck one, under the promanade deck be worth it to you for an Ocean view at that price? Just interested in some opinions. Thanks

Deck one??????????????????????????????????? Not me but then again I wouldn't book an inner either. I need to see the light of day or the dark of night.

Archived