1st Time on Carnival

rt1092

We are sailing on the Triumph in September.

First time with Carnival, but we've done over 20 cruises with RCL and Celebrity.

What can we expect?

What will be very different?

What are some of the hidden secrets of the Triumph?

Thanks in advance.

Instead of asking vague questions, why don't you read reviews of the Triumph on this site. There are hundreds of them for each ship, many are very long and full of detail. It takes a little time & work but you can find out pretty much anything you need to know...

After many CCL cruise, we tried RCI and had a great time. If it works the same in reverse, you will find all of the important things to be very similar to RCI. Food, service, activities and entertainment are about the same.

The biggest differences are in the design and decorations of the ships. RCI is very modern, Carnival is more whimsical (the older 80s and 90s ships leaning more toward Vegas gaudy). Carnival's regular cabins (interior, OV and balcony) tend to be larger, but RCI has bigger suites. The Triumph will not have a supper club, so your only options will be the buffet and the main dining room for meals. I believe that she does have a Seaside Theater outdoor movie screen though.

The Triumph is one of Carnival's middle sized and aged ships now. So as long as you are okay with not being on the biggest and the newest you should have a great time.

After many CCL cruise, we tried RCI and had a great time. If it works the same in reverse, you will find all of the important things to be very similar to RCI. Food, service, activities and entertainment are about the same.

The biggest differences are in the design and decorations of the ships. RCI is very modern, Carnival is more whimsical (the older 80s and 90s ships leaning more toward Vegas gaudy). Carnival's regular cabins (interior, OV and balcony) tend to be larger, but RCI has bigger suites. The Triumph will not have a supper club, so your only options will be the buffet and the main dining room for meals. I believe that she does have a Seaside Theater outdoor movie screen though.

The Triumph is one of Carnival's middle sized and aged ships now. So as long as you are okay with not being on the biggest and the newest you should have a great time.

Thanks. We have sailed on almost all of Royals class of ships, Cabin size won't be an issue, it's just my wife and me. We have a corner balcony Hope there are lounge chairs on it. I like to lay out there and get some sun.

Do they have a headliner show? Usually Royal has an act (formely famous)during the cruise.

Is there anything like the quest game?

Are there any weird rules at the blackjack tables?

Thanks

Instead of asking vague questions, why don't you read reviews of the Triumph on this site. There are hundreds of them for each ship, many are very long and full of detail. It takes a little time & work but you can find out pretty much anything you need to know...

I've read the reviews and they aren't much help to me.

They just tell me if a person liked or disliked the ship.

We are going on the cruise and we will make our own minds as to whether we like it or not. Only been on one cruise we didn't really enjoy.

I have offered a lot of advise when new cruisers ask. Things you don't find in the reviews.

We enjoyed the Triumph; it was easy to navigate (more so than some other Carnival ships, I thought) and there were few lines to contend with. Staff were excellent, great attitudes and pleasant service, especially in the MDR. The ship is showing a little wear and tear, but as a previous poster said, as long as you aren't miffed at not being on the newest and most polished up, you should have a great time!

Archived