Cancelled flight home

This question is for everyone, but especially those who know people in the travel industry.

I booked my First Class one way flight home from my cruise back in February at the airport. I had a credit to use. Today I was checking my itineraries and I noticed a change. My flights home had been completely changed. Not different seats, but different flights a different city. Is this common and is there any way I can determine that they just did not bump me off my original flight?

Original flight was United 662 on 10/26/2010

090 on 10/27/2010

This question is for everyone, but especially those who know people in the travel industry.

I booked my First Class one way flight home from my cruise back in February at the airport. I had a credit to use. Today I was checking my itineraries and I noticed a change. My flights home had been completely changed. Not different seats, but different flights a different city. Is this common and is there any way I can determine that they just did not bump me off my original flight?

Original flight was United 662 on 10/26/2010

090 on 10/27/2010

When you book flights so far in advance, there is nothing unusual about your situation. It happens all the time. We have a flight from Dulles to Heathrow the end of August that was booked the beginning of the year also and we've had multiple changes.

Have you called the airline? If it's their change there should be no charge to you to change to a more desirable itinerary.

Flights get changed all the time. See what else is offered as most of the systems if a flight is cancelled only can see what the next flight ahead is not any earlier ones. So say a flight is at 1pm and the there is a flight at 11:24am, the systems can't see it and look for the next one which might not be until the next day. Go on the website and see your alternatives and call them .

Archived