Temp the first week of Oct

shelle007

Hi, My DH and I plan on taking a cruise with Carnival the first week of October (his birthday) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the usual weather is temp wise at that time. He is disabled (bad heart disease) and too much heat isnt good for him. Im just trying to figure out if we will be able to leave the boat or not. Im hoping we luck out and have a least one or two ports that the weather is cool enough to venture out. I realize it is the tropics so it might be wishful thinking too.

Last summer we went to Alaska on a cruise and had the time of our lifes! We loved it so much that we wanted to try the Caribbean this time. This ship stops in Grand Cayman, Montego Bay Jamaica, and Cozumel and its home port is Galveston TX.

Any ideas on Excursions that would be suitable for someone who cant walk long distances, dive or get too hot? I sure appreciate any help.

We also went to GC the first week of October, and the temps were in the 80's...very nice! We went on the stingray city tour with moby dick tours...it was a nice boat ride and easy to get out with the stingrays, then back in the boat. You can even sit on the boat if you want and not get in the water but still see the stingrays.

To keep things in perspective, the warmest part of the year brings average highs in the low 90s. Rarely a day will peak into the upper 90s.

The coldest part of the year brings highs in the low 80s. Rarely the day's high temperature will only reach the mid to upper 70s.

Archived