My first cruise

Parmstrong83

Our first cruise!

We are taking our first cruise (well mine actually, Fiancee has been on one before) from Los Angeles on the Carnival Paradise.

We are both mid twenties and this cruise will be a honeymoon of sorts for us following a beach wedding in California.

Interested to hear people’s opinions of this ship and any recent expierences? I read somewhere that this ship has recently had an upgrade as part of the Evolutions of Fun programme is this right?

We are going for the 4 day mid week one, we heard that this ship is a bit more rauchous on the weekend.

Im a little lost ... you will be on the Carnival Paradise?? If so, no it does NOT have the upgrade to Evolutions of fun. None of the California ships got it. Elation is the other ship which doesnt have it as it was in Calif during its last dry dock.

Have fun. I know I loved the new places to eat on Ecstasy. Maybe paradise got Mongolian BBQ? Just go and have fun.

It's been a few years since I was on the Paradise, but I loved the ship, but then, I've loved all the ships I've been on!

Congratuations your wedding and your first cruise!

we should be on the 28th March sailing. Any ideas what this cruise will be like that time of year? I know the weather won't be great, but am hoping still ok to use the pool (is this heated?) and also hoping that it should be a bit quieter of a cruise.

Has anyone got any opinions on the inside cabins?

I just got off Paradise on the 26th. I did the three day, not the four. It was raunchy, and made for good people watching. Everybody looked like they were having fun. There was a bachelor and bachelorette party, and two other couples got married on the ship. I have some pictures, but they aren't great.

I did the Wine Country Tour for my excursion in Ensenada and had so much fun. I planning on going back and doing the same excursion because I want to buy some wine at the second winery we visited, it was an organic winery.... the Honey Wine was sooo good!

They give you a free bottle of wine at the L.A. Cetto winery, I also bought 2 bottles of wine from there.

It was my first cruise as well. You will have a great time.

I'm already planning my next cruise!!

I was in an inside room on the Paradise in May 2009. The room was midship on the main deck. Other than not having a window, it was a very nice room. Never felt the ship move, and very quiet. But you can turn on the TV and see a couple of channels that have the ship cams to see what's going on outside.

The Paradise does have the Mongolian BBQ, and it also has the adults only Serenity deck in the back. It just doesn't have the new fancy version of the water slide.

The weather wasn't extremely warm in May, but there were still people in the pool, and even more in the hot tubs.:D I'm thinking that as you go south, you might be able to enjoy the water.

I've only been on 4 ships, 3 Fantasy class like the Paradise, and I think it is the prettiest. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Archived