Clearwater Beach

babygirl722

Can anyone tell me about this beach? A native Bermudian recommended it as an alternative to Tobacco Bay. They said that it is not crowed, that the waters are calm and that there are facilities there.

Would love to hear more from anyone that's been there. Also, is it a quick taxi ride from St. George?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me about this beach? A native Bermudian recommended it as an alternative to Tobacco Bay. They said that it is not crowed, that the waters are calm and that there are facilities there.

Would love to hear more from anyone that's been there. Also, is it a quick taxi ride from St. George?

Thanks!

yes its about a $15 dollar cab ride but there is also a bus that leaves every half hour that goes right by the beach(the schedule is posted in the post office where you can buy 4 zone tickets 15 for $20 which will are enough to take you to the beach.

a fairly nice calm beach. There is a concession with food and they rent chairs....but I bring my own....

IMG_4647.jpg.688b31690b919ad874e8074a5ea5cc49.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg.587f741b1314241962c01a7a88fc5880.jpg

Hi,

Most locals sort of forget about Clearwater, because it was once the private beach of the US Navy base and we were not allowed in.

Nowadays, of course, the base has gone and it's a really good beach for everyone - a little out of the way, but never too crowded either.

You can get there easily on the bus, or take a taxi.

Two thumbs up.

Have Fun!

The facilities are at Clearwater beach but if you walk a couple of minutes along you'll be at Turtle beach which is smaller and nicer. And if you walk five minutes further (on to Cooper Island) you will come to Long Bay which is my favourite uncrowded beach but shhh! don't give the secret away ...

The facilities are at Clearwater beach but if you walk a couple of minutes along you'll be at Turtle beach which is smaller and nicer. And if you walk five minutes further (on to Cooper Island) you will come to Long Bay which is my favourite uncrowded beach but shhh! don't give the secret away ...

Awesome! Thanks so much. I will be sure to check it out. Probably a stupid question, but will it be clear in which direction we should walk??

Awesome! Thanks so much. I will be sure to check it out. Probably a stupid question, but will it be clear in which direction we should walk??

Just keep going onward from the direction in which you arrived - there is only one road.

There is a gate (open) and a map before you get on to Coopers Island.

and how much are the chair rentals? thanks!

yes its about a $15 dollar cab ride but there is also a bus that leaves every half hour that goes right by the beach(the schedule is posted in the post office where you can buy 4 zone tickets 15 for $20 which will are enough to take you to the beach.

a fairly nice calm beach. There is a concession with food and they rent chairs....but I bring my own....

and how much are the chair rentals? thanks!

it was less than Horseshoe. I think $5 per chair and umbrella...but I am not positive(other than it was less than horseshoe) and it was a full lounge chair....

Clearwater beach can be reached on bus #6 out of St. George. This is the bus that goes through the old Kindley Air Force Base. Just tell the driver you want off at the road that goes down to Clearwater. Another quiet beach is John Smith Beach on South Shore. It is very close to Pink Beach and is not crowded. There is also a lovely park with a moongate up above this beach. Didn't see any chair rentals here though.

I'm trying to get a feel for exactly where this beach is. We always walk up the hill past the unfinished church and stay to the road on the left. Ahead of us will be the ocean, to the left is the clubhouse to the st.George golf course. To the right would have been the Old Club Med hotel*(now gone)*. We always walk to the right with the ocean to our left the whole way and miles later we come to the spot where the town crier greets the cruise ships and back into town. It's a long walk but we love it. Do it every time.

So........ Ft.Catherine would be to the left a bit, tobacco to the right.

WHERE is Clearwater beach ???

Would like to possibly try this one.

Thanks so much.

Carrie

Hi,

Not sure how this inserting image thing works, but here's Clearwater on the map of St. George's - it's down at the bottom below the Airport.

And if somebody can tell me - how DO you insert pics like those photos everybody is always showing?

Have Fun!

Picture-1.jpg.106217b86a56b69d2dd021d5321a63b2.jpg

at Clearwater Beach?

yes there is a snack bar/bar/etc right at the beach. At Clearwater. I didn't take a picture of it. with bathrooms of course.

btw I found out the beaches are artificial!

Clearwater Beach and Turtle Bay

Consists of two sandy beaches, both of which were artificially made for use by army personnel. Located in St. David’s, the spaciousness makes it ideal for families and parties. There are lifeguards on duty on these beaches from May 24 to Labor Day.

yes there is a snack bar/bar/etc right at the beach. At Clearwater. I didn't take a picture of it. with bathrooms of course.

btw I found out the beaches are artificial!

Clearwater Beach and Turtle Bay

Consists of two sandy beaches, both of which were artificially made for use by army personnel. Located in St. David’s, the spaciousness makes it ideal for families and parties. There are lifeguards on duty on these beaches from May 24 to Labor Day.

for your help!

RCL Nordic Prince to Bermuda 6/91

RCL Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda 6/06

Disney Wonder 8/08

NCL Dawn to Bermuda 7/09

and..... 7 more days until the Veendam to Bermuda!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was there on the August 1st HAL cruise and we went to Clearwater Beach -

we absolutely loved it and found it to be a highlight of the trip.

You will take the # 6 bus to reach the beach - the bus drops you right at the entrance area - and it runs about every hour or so, and you return to the same location to leave.

you will walk about 5 minutes until you reach the bar/grill/chair rental area and then if you proceed past there, there are a few other beaches -

The cost for rentals were $5 each and the kids working there set everything up for you.

The grill had great beach food - the fried fish was to die for!

The bar had nice, strong drinks...I think they were $6 or $7 each

We stayed at clearwater, where there were about 50 people - mostly tourists, maybe only a handful from the ship.

I will go back to this beach if i'm ever in bermuda again - great views of the lighthouse etc.

here are a couple of pics from there...

39655_1510804045147_1085756598_1518945_1996408_n.jpg

40891_1510803845142_1085756598_1518944_672603_n.jpg

I was there on the August 1st HAL cruise and we went to Clearwater Beach -

we absolutely loved it and found it to be a highlight of the trip.

You will take the # 6 bus to reach the beach - the bus drops you right at the entrance area - and it runs about every hour or so, and you return to the same location to leave.

you will walk about 5 minutes until you reach the bar/grill/chair rental area and then if you proceed past there, there are a few other beaches -

The cost for rentals were $5 each and the kids working there set everything up for you.

The grill had great beach food - the fried fish was to die for!

The bar had nice, strong drinks...I think they were $6 or $7 each

We stayed at clearwater, where there were about 50 people - mostly tourists, maybe only a handful from the ship.

I will go back to this beach if i'm ever in bermuda again - great views of the lighthouse etc.

here are a couple of pics from there...

39655_1510804045147_1085756598_1518945_1996408_n.jpg

40891_1510803845142_1085756598_1518944_672603_n.jpg

I am glad you enjoyed it and that my memory of the $5.00 was right too...

Ok, so you all have convinced me to go the Clearwater. My question is, is Sizzle Inn along the way or is it way out of the way for a stop over on the way back to St George? Trying to plan out time for our return to Bermuda and unfortunately the days just aren't long enough to get everything in. Thanks for any help!

Assuming you are traveling by bus, it is out of the way for the #6 bus you'll be on. The #6 bus only serves St George's and St David's where Clearwater Beach is located.

What you'll do is, as you board the #6 bus at CB, you tell the driver that you'll want to transfer to a bus route #1,3,10 or 11 inbound which all go by the Swizzle Inn and the bus driver will alert when the transfer point is reached. After finishing at SI, you'll board a bus route #1,3,10 or 11 outbound to go to St George's.

Bus transportation tip: Bus stops are indicated by either pink or blue poles. Buses are either outbound from Hamilton or inbound to Hamilton. A pink pole stop would be a stop for a bus inbound to Hamilton; a blue pole stop would be a stop for a bus outbound from Hamilton. A mnemonic for this is: BOB is your friend (Blue Out Bound).

Of course, you can avoid the transfer between buses by taking a taxi to SI.

SBtS

Assuming you are traveling by bus, it is out of the way for the #6 bus you'll be on. The #6 bus only serves St George's and St David's where Clearwater Beach is located.

What you'll do is, as you board the #6 bus at CB, you tell the driver that you'll want to transfer to a bus route #1,3,10 or 11 inbound which all go by the Swizzle Inn and the bus driver will alert when the transfer point is reached. After finishing at SI, you'll board a bus route #1,3,10 or 11 outbound to go to St George's.

Bus transportation tip: Bus stops are indicated by either pink or blue poles. Buses are either outbound from Hamilton or inbound to Hamilton. A pink pole stop would be a stop for a bus inbound to Hamilton; a blue pole stop would be a stop for a bus outbound from Hamilton. A mnemonic for this is: BOB is your friend (Blue Out Bound).

Of course, you can avoid the transfer between buses by taking a taxi to SI.

SBtS

Thanks for your help, looks like a taxi for me:D

Archived