Diamond Plus reserved seating on Oasis - how does it work?

I read that Diamond Plus passengers on Oasis will have a reserved seating section for the aquatheater, hairspray, ice show, and headliner show. Has anyone who has been on Oasis as a diamond plus member experienced this yet? We are sailing in September and I was just curious as to how it worked. How quickly did it fill up? How did the staff ensure that only DP passengers were in those sections? Were the seats really good? Thanks in advance for anyone who has been on Oasis and been in these reserved sections for any info/advice you might have!

I read that Diamond Plus passengers on Oasis will have a reserved seating section for the aquatheater, hairspray, ice show, and headliner show. Has anyone who has been on Oasis as a diamond plus member experienced this yet? We are sailing in September and I was just curious as to how it worked. How quickly did it fill up? How did the staff ensure that only DP passengers were in those sections? Were the seats really good? Thanks in advance for anyone who has been on Oasis and been in these reserved sections for any info/advice you might have!

If you are booked into a GS then you will qualify for the reserved seating for suite guests.

That is what it reads on the RCL website under the C&A benefits for D+. (new perk). I'm anxious to see where we get, also. In the theater it is usually top level, mid section. You just show your seapass card to the person (usher) and he/she will lift the ropes.:D

If you are booked into a GS then you will qualify for the reserved seating for suite guests.

Now Patti D+ people also have priority seating...its in the letter I got from Goldstein explaining the extra tweaked perks D+ will get. Don't know if its a separate section than the suites priority seating or not.

Now Patti D+ people also have priority seating...its in the letter I got from Goldstein explaining the extra tweaked perks D+ will get. Don't know if its a separate section than the suites priority seating or not.

Yes, but the OP is in a Grand Suite. Patti knew that from his previous posts. :D

In the Ice show, for example, we saw an area "roped off" with a sign stating that this area was reserved for suite guests. Several people tried to sit there but upon seeing the sign, turned around. It was near the front, but by no means in the front row. A crew member would come around periodically and check that the people sitting there were indeed suite guests.

We are Diamond, not D+ (which is probably irrelevant anyways) and are in a Crown Loft Suite. I had read somewhere (maybe in a review in the review section) that suite guests have reserved seating and the guy said that he did not have to book any shows ahead of time.

Well, I called RCCL and C & A told me that suite guests still do have to actually reserve their shows ahead of time (just like everyone else) and when they arrive, they show their suite card and they are put in the suite seating area. The reason C & A gave me for this is that there are only so many reserved seats but if you have a reservation already - they will know you are coming.

Now....I don't necessarily believe that answer myself and I am sure that if someone else calls that they will be told something different.:rolleyes:

I am going to reserve all of the shows just in case. I am checking constantly for the entertainment bookings to open. They opened the Speciality Restaurant bookings and the morning they opened - we couldn't get 3 of the times we wanted, they were sold out - so they do fill up fast!

Canuck

Archived