Aqua Class....one size cabin?

kymbakitty

Please forgive me, I have gone through many threads but I can't seem to find the answer to my question (I'm sure it has been asked/answered).

After swearing off Celebrity for an incident in 2002 (we got off ship after 2 days and walked from $5k)....DH saw the Solstice in port while we were on the Grand and he has conceeded to give Celebrity another shot (yippee!!!!).

I'm looking at something that I have not seen before...the Aqua Class category.

But I can only see one size cabin assigned to this category and it is not large enough....but for such a nice touch, surely I am not understanding the brochure because it seems like the only cabin that you can book is 195 sq feet with a 54 sq feet veranda.

Surely there are larger suites with Aqua Class perks, no? I'm looking at either a Sky Suite of a Celebrity Suite (our minimum interior has always been 250 and especially since we normally cruise for two weeks) but I would like to enjoy some of the perks offered with the Aqua Class. I'm a bit confused that such nice perks would be offered to the smaller cabins so that is why I think I may not be understanding how it works.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dawn

Please forgive me, I have gone through many threads but I can't seem to find the answer to my question (I'm sure it has been asked/answered).

After swearing off Celebrity for an incident in 2002 (we got off ship after 2 days and walked from $5k)....DH saw the Solstice in port while we were on the Grand and he has conceeded to give Celebrity another shot (yippee!!!!).

But I can only see one size cabin assigned to this category and it is not large enough....but for such a nice touch, surely I am not understanding the brochure because it seems like the only cabin that you can book is 195 sq feet with a 54 sq feet veranda.

Surely there are larger suites with Aqua Class perks, no? I'm looking at either a Sky Suite of a Celebrity Suite (our minimum interior has always been 250 and especially since we normally cruise for two weeks) but I would like to enjoy some of the perks offered with the Aqua Class. I'm a bit confused that such nice perks would be offered to the smaller cabins so that is why I think I may not be understanding how it works.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dawn

Unfortunately "officially" all Aqua Class cabins are the same size and design. However there could be some that are slightly larger than others because of their location as there are with other cabin categories.

I'm a bit confused that such nice perks would be offered to the smaller cabins so that is why I think I may not be understanding how it works.

It's just smart marketing--a way they can charge more for smaller rooms. If you're in a suite you can visit Blu (the best perk for AQ) for a $5 cover charge (assuming there is space available).

It's just smart marketing--a way they can charge more for smaller rooms. If you're in a suite you can visit Blu (the best perk for AQ) for a $5 cover charge (assuming there is space available).

Great info...thanks for the quick response. I doubt there are any bigger that extend to 250 sqare feet--ha!

But I do like the idea of Blu though.

Thanks.

Dawn

Great info...thanks for the quick response. I doubt there are any bigger that extend to 250 sqare feet--ha!

But I do like the idea of Blu though.

Thanks.

Dawn

Hi Dawn:

Blu is the main reason we would select AquaClass. It's really lovely, in terms of ambience, service, food quality and presentation.

I haven't actually heard of any of the AquaClass cabins being larger, but someone can correct me on this. There are balconies (on the angles, such as AQ1552 or 1605) that are larger, and they may make the rooms seem larger.

Celebrity has a history of adding perks to some of the cabins that have overhangs (to support the upper resort decks), making those cabins more desirable. There is quite a deep overhang over the middle AQ cabins.

451760627_GJS3L-L.jpg

Elena you are correct, all the Aqua class cabins are the same size, with some balconies being larger if they are on the "hump". I have read that suite passengers can sometimes eat in Blu for $5 on a space available basis, but not 100% sure on that.

Dawn: Now go to this website and you will see wonderful pictures that Andres Depping has provided of various ships. The link I am attaching shows specifically the Eclipse, the newest in the Solstice class line which will be virtually identical to the Solstice. You can see under the various folders pictures of suites and aqua class cabins.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=140

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dawn

Hi Dawn:), nope there are not suites in AQ. Why they offer such

nice perks without offering larger cabins? Because they can;)

Sounds like you prefer more room. Blu is available to Suite Pax for

5.00 bucks extra as long as there is space available.

Actually Aqua Class is only on the new S class ships and most folks

book them because of Blu:D I will be there in September and cannot

wait.....the restaurant sounds absolutely fabulous:D

Hi Dawn:), nope there are not suites in AQ. Why they offer such

nice perks without offering larger cabins? Because they can;)

Sounds like you prefer more room. Blu is available to Suite Pax for

5.00 bucks extra as long as there is space available.

Actually Aqua Class is only on the new S class ships and most folks

book them because of Blu:D I will be there in September and cannot

wait.....the restaurant sounds absolutely fabulous:D

Yes--we tend to do two week cruises and unlike a lot of other passengers that swear they spend absolutely no time in their cabins--that's just not us. My DH lives on the balcony.

We've been a 11 cruises...not many compared to so many veteran cruisers on this board....but we decided long ago that, besides a balcony, we at least like a small living room space. Typically....that means around 250 sq feet, give or take. Just a tad bit more elbow room than the AQ cabins offer.

Great information....thanks!!!!

Dawn

Archived