carryon drinks

blondie219

Ok so my husband is a major Dr. Pepper junkie and is adamant that he is bringing not only the 12 pack he is allowed but using my allowance also. But hey if it will keep his smile on, then so be it. It keeps talking about as carry on, so this is a really goofy question I guess. DH keeps talking about putting it in a suitcase, but we do have one of the metal wheeled cart type things that you can put a suitcase on. Can we bring it just in the cases attached to that cart if its bungee corded down so that it wont fall off and bust all over everything, or do you have to have any carryon luggage ready to be opened and "secured" aka nosed through? Thanks a bunch.

Ok so my husband is a major Dr. Pepper junkie and is adamant that he is bringing not only the 12 pack he is allowed but using my allowance also. But hey if it will keep his smile on, then so be it. It keeps talking about as carry on, so this is a really goofy question I guess. DH keeps talking about putting it in a suitcase, but we do have one of the metal wheeled cart type things that you can put a suitcase on. Can we bring it just in the cases attached to that cart if its bungee corded down so that it wont fall off and bust all over everything, or do you have to have any carryon luggage ready to be opened and "secured" aka nosed through? Thanks a bunch.

Yep... that'll work just fine...

:)

I carry Diet Mt. Dew on board in a insulated fold up cooler. It holds more than 12 of the 16 oz bottles. I always put a luggage tag from the ship on the cooler and have never had any problems with it being delivered to my cabin.

Marcy

Coolers have to be specific dimensions. We had a cooler strapped to a luggage carrier and we had problems with it being carry on. We did get an exception made but it was a little tense!

The approved dimensions are 12x12x12.

Here is a pic of allowed size rolling cooler we use to bring our beverages as carry on. Wal Mart $19.98. It does not have to be exactly 12x12x12 as long as it does not exceed when combined measurement, this one is 14" tall but not as wide. I like the fact that it rolls :D

IMG_1053-1.jpg

Can we bring it just in the cases attached to that cart if its bungee corded down so that it wont fall off and bust all over everything, or do you have to have any carryon luggage ready to be opened and "secured" aka nosed through? Thanks a bunch.

That's how I do it everytime. The only problem is you have to unstrap everything, put it through the scanner including the carrier, then strap it all back together. People behind me don't reallly like me sometimes.

I carry Diet Mt. Dew on board in a insulated fold up cooler. It holds more than 12 of the 16 oz bottles. I always put a luggage tag from the ship on the cooler and have never had any problems with it being delivered to my cabin.

Marcy

You must carry on your sodas. You haven't cruised on Carnival in a while and things have changed

I too would like to bring water and soda in a foldable insulated cooler.

My question is, can we bring this as a carryon in the plane? Will there

be a charge for this?

No reason you can't take your foldable insulated cooler on the plane as long as you don't have liquids in it. Remember TSA does not allow any liquids to be carried on. Now, you could, I suppose check it for your flight as long as it was secure, but if you fly an airline that charges for luggage it will cost you. If you bring the empty cooler, are you staying overnight near any stores where you could stock it before you board?

Here is a pic of allowed size rolling cooler we use to bring our beverages as carry on. Wal Mart $19.98. It does not have to be exactly 12x12x12 as long as it does not exceed when combined measurement, this one is 14" tall but not as wide. I like the fact that it rolls :D

IMG_1053-1.jpg

This cooler will not be going on any Carnival cruises. If any side exceeds 12 inches, including wheels and handle, it is not allowed.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This cooler will not be going on any Carnival cruises. If any side exceeds 12 inches, including wheels and handle, it is not allowed.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please do not assume information. This cooler DID go on the Dream with us. The Lady at the X-ray machine was training a new employee and measured it and thanked me very kindly for knowing the size limits on coolers. Here is a pic at the bottom you can barely see the handle sticking up in our cabin :rolleyes::rolleyes:DSC00018-1.jpg

It is allowed :p It's not very big at all, I was thrilled to find one so small that has wheels

Please do not assume information. This cooler DID go on the Dream with us. The Lady at the X-ray machine was training a new employee and measured it and thanked me very kindly for knowing the size limits on coolers. Here is a pic at the bottom you can barely see the handle sticking up in our cabin :rolleyes::rolleyes:DSC00018-1.jpg

It is allowed :p It's not very big at all, I was thrilled to find one so small that has wheels

Because you made it on one time, doesnt mean someone else will be allowed. We also have seen posts from folks where just one dimension exceeding 12, by 1/2 inch and they had to leave it behind in Galveston. Port Canaveral has also been tight on coolers very often.

Thats all the poster meant ... because someone did get a bigger cooler on, doesnt mean it will be allowed for everyone... they were just adding a disclaimer to your post.

Archived